Painting Challenge: Legolas!
Hello everyone! Welcome to the thread for the April Painting Challenge!Rules
1. A miniature is decided upon before each monthly painting challenge, this months' being Legolas. It is not required that you paint this mini, however it is preferred. Here is a list of preferred miniatures in order of most preferred to least preferred:
If you are unsure as to whether something will be elligible for entry, just post asking or PM me and I will let you know whether or not you may use it, as this months challenge could be open to many different alternative figures.
- Unarmoured Elf Hero (Haldir, Glorfindel, Elladan/Elrohir etc.)
- Armoured Elf Hero (Haldir, Glorfindel, Elladan/Elrohir etc.)
2. To enter the painting challenge, the miniature you are painting must not be painted before starting and picture proof must be shown of the miniature 'pre-painted' (unprimed, undercoated or if you are repainting and old miniature - in its' original paint scheme) otherwise your entry will not be eligible.
3. You may join the painting challenge in progress at any time, but must submit photographs of the completed miniature by midnight GMT+1 of April 30th, 2012. WIP images are welcomed and encouraged. A maximum of 4 photos please, this allows you to show your miniature off from front, back and each side which is more than enough.
4. Miniatures that are completed in time will be eligible to win the challenge. The challenge winner will be decided by the vote of the OR community. The community will choose one winner and one runner-up from the completed miniatures. Votes should be cast not simply on painting skill, but on merit, including creativity, application of painting techniques, artist improvement, etc. There is no prize available for the winners of this challenge, the challenge is solely for community participation and as an incentive for people to reduce their backlog and improve their painting skills.
5. Winners from the previous month are able to participate in the next months painting challenge, but they are not eligible to win in consecutive months.
Good luck to all!