All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

Post subject: Hello from Southampton
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:36 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Afternoon,

I've been lurking on here for a while, ever since my best friend convinced me to play LotR SBG back in August. Finally I'm getting around to posting on here and will hopefully be somewhat active going forward! I'll post up a thread of my models in the appropriate forum if you want to have a look. The community and what I've seen is fantastic and I'm really looking forward to contributing towards it.

Principally I play my friend's Gondor/Arnor army, however we attended the Wargames Association of Reading's W.A.R. of the Ring 2017 event back in November which was a fantastic weekend. We might have met some of you there, and if you played us you probably won! There's a video of us being interviewed about the event here (I'm the tall one in the green shirt). Looking forward we're hoping to get to a lot more tournaments next year, with the goal being Throne of Skulls.

I'm in Southampton and will have a solid gaming set-up in my flat should anyone live local and fancies a game.

A bit about myself for any who are interested:

I've been wargaming since I was eight, and into into it from when I was younger still, although I took a break over college/uni when I was focusing on other things. I played a fair few systems back then; mainly 40k and other GW skirmish systems, although I did briefly flirt with Warmachine. Since getting back into wargaming I've spent most of my time just painting random models and small projects without actually gaming. However over the past year I've tried to get more active and, thanks to LotR, really rediscovered my love of rolling dice!

Currently my main games are Malifaux (Outcasts) and LotR SBG, although I've got/am working on:

Horus Heresy - Dark Angels (long march to 6.5k points before I start...),Heralds of Ruin's 40k Kill-Team (Dark Angels), classic Necromunda (Cawdor), Shadow War: Armageddon (Astral Claws), Infinity N3 (Haqqislam, although I'm interested to see the new Druze army) and the Batman Miniature Game (Scarecrow).

Outside of wargaming I work full-time, spend too much time doing CrossFit and am looking at taking up a few martial arts in 2018.

I'm on Instagram and Tumblr under the same username, so follow away if that's your sort of thing.

- Jacob
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Southampton
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:06 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hello Jacob. Welcome to the forum. I'm also in Southampton and up for a game or two potentially although I don't get a lot of free time these days. The Lotr players have been falling off a bit here since GW stopped displaying it in store. Having said that, I've heard that most of the guys that go to the Vets night on Thursday evenings at GW Southampton have all just bought the New Battle Companies book and a warband each so that is promising from a local standpoint.

Post subject: Re: Hello from Southampton
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:42 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Cheers for the welcome!

My friend and I are both Southampton quite active with SBG at the moment. One of my new neighbours and his mate apparently play too, but we're yet to actually get a game in against them. There's definitely a small community about in Southampton and it would be nice to see it grow.

Once I've got round to sorting the terrain you'll have to come round for a game!