All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Post subject: "Dol Amroth for Gondor!" (WIP)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:39 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello all!

I have had several problems with priming and having to strip and rebase and reglue miniatures. This has taken the wind out of my sales over the past couple of months.

However; some packages have arrived and I have been busy prepping some new models and now that they are finally "ready", if unpainted, it feels good to say there is some visible progress!

I love the Kingdoms of Men generally and like the idea of allied forces from different regions. My main desire was for Fiefdoms with Minas Tirith allies. Frustratingly a lot of hero and even troop models are OOP so I've had to be patient on eBay.

Attachment:
ForGondor.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 Post subject: Re: "Dol Amroth for Gondor!" (WIP)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:48 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Can't wait to see these guys painted! What's been the issue with priming?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

wow... good luck with your project! I'm sure that is going to be amazing! Gondor and his feudal principalities (Dol Amroth, Lossarnach, etc..) when are completely painted is an incredible army... i'll wait the final job! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:50 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=33227

Oh, the stuff I mentioned in the topic above - and also my attempt to fix it by using a new white spray. Didn't realise it was too cold to spray and ended up with a horrid grainy flakey texture sporadically over the surface of all my Dol Amroth Knights, foot Knights and Men at Arms!

That's a very basic photo just to "set up shop". Knights and pikemen are off camera. I also have plastic Knights of Minas Tirith to build.

Would really like some Arnor chaps but the heroes are so expensive on eBay. Waiting for Davale Miniatures to get the mounted rangers back in stock as they are beautiful models.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:39 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Lothíriel wrote:
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=33227

Oh, the stuff I mentioned in the topic above - and also my attempt to fix it by using a new white spray. Didn't realise it was too cold to spray and ended up with a horrid grainy flakey texture sporadically over the surface of all my Dol Amroth Knights, foot Knights and Men at Arms!

That's a very basic photo just to "set up shop". Knights and pikemen are off camera. I also have plastic Knights of Minas Tirith to build.

Would really like some Arnor chaps but the heroes are so expensive on eBay. Waiting for Davale Miniatures to get the mounted rangers back in stock as they are beautiful models.

Gosh I'm glad I'd commented on this post just looked up Davale Miniatures! Incredible!!!
The mounted rangers & Radagast look lovely.
I don't think I've ever had a good experience with white spray ever. :rofl:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:38 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I thought I recognized some of their minis. As a general rule, now that GW is producing minis again, we aren't really supposed to talk about alternate sculpts. Proxies are okay, though. It's weird. I dunno, check the policy. That said, there are some great alternate sculpts out there. There's this Polish company that makes some really great minis. They have these killer high elves I love and some dynamic pre-Gondor men.