All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 pm

Post subject: Jake's House Rules - 74 New Profiles!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:16 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I was hoping to create some kind of supplement one day but I'm a bit low on time these days so I thought I would post the house rules that me and my brother have been working on for the past couple of years.

There's an awful lot to chew through and it's obviously no where near complete but feel free to take a look and feedback or just take it and edit it for yourself.

If you have any pictures or models that may suit any of the profiles feel free to post them here and I'll try and update every now and again. Also on that note, I've collected a lot of images off the internet but haven't kept track of where they're from so if you see something of yours on there and don't want it on there let me know!

Here's the link:

https://www.mediafire.com/?ru48b6hx3dibg35

Thanks, Jake

Post subject: Re: Jake's House Rules - 74 New Profiles!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:12 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I like some of these profiles. However, I thought that Beornings are simple men, who are close o the nature and help Beorn. I suggest this profile:

Beorning (man) ........................................................... 7 Pts.

M: 6; F:3/4+; S:4; D:3; A:1; W:1; C:4

Equipment: Two-handed axe

Woodland creature

Options:
Bow instead of a two-handed axe ........................... 0 Pts.
Bow .................................................................. 1 Pt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:05 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yeah I like that simple profile, there doesn't seem to be any clarification on whether or not they can change form... This new profile does give the wanderers an alternative warrior choice to the widea which I think is important.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:44 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've briefly looked through it and it's a very interesting read!

A few things, these are my humble opinions thought:
- Helm Hammerhand should be S4.
- Give Anarion the option of a Shield, since Isildur and Elendil have that option.
- Dragon War "veteran" is the correct spelling.
- Maybe give Bolg a S3 bow because of his size and strength?
- Renamed Wildman Blood Warrior to Wildman Berserker.
- +1pt to Goblin Town Mercs, maybe give them the Sellsword rule from the old Khan Mercs?

What's the idea behind the Dragon War veterans?
Also what program did you use to make it?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:30 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I wasn't sure about Helm, he's meant to be able to kill warriors with his bare hands so I thought Strength 5 suited him but I suppose he has got his Brawler special rule to represent that already.

Agreed on Anarion and Bolg and name corrections.

I contemplated that for the Goblin Mercs but the reason I didn't is two fold- firstly to make it a fair profile, really they'd have to be six points worth of model as you'd be losing on of six and would lose a point off each model due to the special rule. But the main reason for the Sell Sword special rule I've gone for is that it actually affects the gameplay and will influence both teams tactics which I think is much more interesting than just rolling a dice at the start of the game.

The thought behind the Dragon War Veterens was that Dale needs a little expanding and all we really know about them is that Smaug whooped them and King Brand makes a great last stand. The rule is designed to match the theme of King Brand's last stand and the initial idea came from the thought that there must have been some survivors of Smaug's attack or warriors who fought heroically during that battle. Obviously, if these models are used at King Brands last stand they'd have to be descendants of the original Veterens or something..!

I just used Word to create the document, I have all of the profiles typed up so that we can make small alterations and have them on the iPad. I just deleted all the stuff that wasn't home-made.