All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm

Post subject: Faramir Duel Profiles?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:36 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I have the all metal mounted version of Faramir on horse with shield, his rules in my LOTR SBG book does not give him that option. Were two profiles ever released? Much thanks :D
 Post subject: Re: Faramir Duel Profiles?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:15 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

You just add on his horse heavy armor and shield points wise and that's him. No alternative.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:05 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The Captain of Ithilien model/profile was released a few years ago (2007ish I think) to turn Faramir into the 3 attack, 3 wound hero a lot of people wanted. When then 5 new sourcebooks came out in Jan 2012, that profile was dropped for some reason and so isn't available in the game any more. It's a shame as the stat boosts along with an armoured horse and 12" Standfast/banner for Gondor troops made him a brilliant profile. It's certainly strange given that Heroes like Elrond, Boromir, Aragorn etc. all had multiple versions included in the sourcebooks.

You can use that model as the normal Faramir if you wish though.

Free SBG fanzine: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29569
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:42 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

his rules came out with Mauhur, and the dwimmerlaik

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:21 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Are we allowed to use those rules though? The ones from the white dwarf? I mean hes basically a prince imrahil for gondor
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:51 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Sikano wrote:
Are we allowed to use those rules though? The ones from the white dwarf? I mean hes basically a prince imrahil for gondor

technically, I think not. He came out before the books and was not included. Still, you can ask your opponent if is fine with it. Maybe showing him a scan of the profile, so he knows you aren't making him up. Personally, as long as I know what are the rules and the price of a model, I usually have no problem.

When I brought in battle models unknown to my friends, I always had their profile at hands.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:00 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

You can't use him in tournaments as he's no longer part of the game, much like Golfimbul his profile isn't in either the LOTR sourcebooks or Hobbit books. However, there's nothing to stop you using him in friendly games with your opponent's consent, he certainly wasn't an overpowered or broken profile (much like Golfimbul) and I genuinely don't know why these two didn't make it into the sourcebooks (there may be others). A lot of gamers in the GBHL have actually expressed an interest in bringing him back as a 'GBHL sanctioned' profile for use in those events, it hasn't happened as of yet but who knows what the future holds?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:05 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Dr Grant wrote:
You can't use him in tournaments as he's no longer part of the game, much like Golfimbul his profile isn't in either the LOTR sourcebooks or Hobbit books. However, there's nothing to stop you using him in friendly games with your opponent's consent, he certainly wasn't an overpowered or broken profile (much like Golfimbul) and I genuinely don't know why these two didn't make it into the sourcebooks (there may be others). A lot of gamers in the GBHL have actually expressed an interest in bringing him back as a 'GBHL sanctioned' profile for use in those events, it hasn't happened as of yet but who knows what the future holds?

Very interesting! Me and some friends are starting a campaign tournament and I may play Gondor. So this would be a super awesome profile to have.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:58 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Wow ok, that would be great if I could get a hold of the rules for him (the banned one that is) I might just use it. Thanks for all the replies :D
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

glaurung98 wrote:
Wow ok, that would be great if I could get a hold of the rules for him (the banned one that is) I might just use it. Thanks for all the replies :D

I found it if you woul like to know It I can direct you to the profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:01 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Sikano wrote:
glaurung98 wrote:

Can you help me too?

On a different note, is there any problem in posting banned profiles? As banned, they are no longer part of the game, they are not even in the sourcebooks so there isn't any copyright to break
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:34 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

That's not how copyright works. They might not be in the game anymore but they're still covered so we don't want to see them on the site.

That said, the profile's relatively easy to find online so it's out there if you want it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:22 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Dr Grant wrote:
That's not how copyright works. They might not be in the game anymore but they're still covered so we don't want to see them on the site.

That said, the profile's relatively easy to find online so it's out there if you want it.

Thank you, I'm not familiar with copyrights, it's not my field of work.

I just found it, though.
I can say he's 2 times the prices of Faramir with bow, comes with armored horse and shield, no lance. one less fate and fight than Imrahil. 12" stand fast and banner for Citadel Guards, Knights, Warriors and Ranger.

A very good leader. He may not be as skilled as Boromir, but is cheaper and has a way better commanding presence.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:35 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Sikano wrote:
glaurung98 wrote:

A bit late to the thread but I'm confused as to GE different profiles for Faramir. All I can find is the Captain of Ithilien, are there different profiles for lets say the model of Faramir in ranger gear?