All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

Post subject: Skirmisher - Correction?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:26 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hello guys,

some of you have probably (or better hopefully) already heard about the Skirmisher.

You can look at the website and all 5 issues so far of the Skirmisher here:
http://www.hdrskirmisher.wordpress.com

If not - here's a little information about it: The Skirmisher is a free magazine that is made by me and some other chaps. We started it about half a year ago and are now supported by some One Ring members (to name them: Feanor, the mighty elf and Celevue) as well! Our team includes people from Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Finnland and ... since a week England. But nobody of us really speaks it as a motherlanguage and because most of us speak German, the Skirmisher is only in German so far.

We even have the permission of John Howe to use his illustrations for the magazine!

The content are articles about tactics, terrain building, battle reports (planned ;-) ) scenarios, reviews, painting and sculpting! Here are some pictures of issue 1:

Well, now to the actual reason I am writing all this: We would like to do an English version of the Skirmisher. After asking for persons to translate it and not finding anyone we let this idea rest for a while. But now we would like to do it on our own (with help of the translator service in word in some parts :-D ). Because we cannot expect from you all to read a magazine full of mistakes, we are now only looking for people who could correct the mistakes. It would be amazing if there would be 5-6 people, so that everyone of them only has to look through one article. As our team leader has to do all the layouting, he'd also love to have someone who could do this for the English version, so just arranging the pictures and the text...

If you'd like to help us, maybe submit an article or only give us some feedback, please feel free to leave a comment on our website! Thank you so much in advance!

Cheers,
Bennet

Last edited by Son of Fundin on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Skirmisher - correction?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:43 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hello,

is there really no one who could help? We just need someone who could correct the magazine, we would do the translation on our own...

Here's a collage of some step-by-step pictures of my last sculpting article. I'd love to see all of our articles in English as well, but this is only possible with your help!

Cheers,
Bennet

Post subject: Skirmisher - Correction?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:58 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Oh come on, tell me that you hate the magazine, but tell me anything! Please! :pray:

Here is a teaser for the next article of mine, don't you think you would like to have it in English? :oops:

Post subject: Re: Skirmisher - Correction?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:11 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I really like the magazine, but English isn't my mother tongue either. However I could give it a try?

Post subject: Re: Skirmisher - Correction?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:23 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

English isn't my mother tongue but I could possibly look for errors as I'm very good at that.