All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:24 am

Post subject: Does anyone know where i can get castle buildings like this?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:19 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I would liek to know where i can get buildings, castle walls, towers and stuff like what is in the picture below. I know the siege tower is a GW product and i have a ruin of similar design the the castle but i don't know where to get more. I got the ruin from ebay. Can someone help me?

Post subject: Re: Does anyone know where i can get castle buildings like t
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:22 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

You should check Warlord Games website. They sell lots of good terrain

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:35 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks for suggesting that. i checked it out but can't find any castle walls or anything similar. I did go to a site once with them on it but i can't remember and it was along time ago. Do you know any other sites?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:47 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Apollogies they used to carry castle of sorts. What about GW's warhammer fortress? On their web-site under Warhammer scenery. Thats about all I know of that is for certain to scale

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:48 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Castles are surprisingly tricksy to get a hold of, unless you like poverty.

There's this nice looking one by Thormaillion: http://www.thomarillion.de/index.php?se ... prache=gb_

Also, if you don't mind MDF (I actually love it, and think it makes for great buildings), then Sally 4th offer what looks like a decent set: http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/epages/9 ... ed_Castles

Or, if you don't mind waiting/paying, there's a modular, plastic kit castle being produced by Tabletop Workshop: http://www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk/pre-order-castle.html

Just a few ideas to get you going, there's bound to be more. :D

Personally I'm quite taken by the Dwarf castle, but I'm also leaning towards the Sally 4th stuff for a modular, multi-purpose set.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:02 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Try some of these:
http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/epages/9 ... tch_Towers
And I see someone has already mentioned:
http://www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk/pre-order-castle.html
Or you could make it yourself :)

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:40 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

That preorder castle from tabletopworkshop looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) really tempted to ask for only money to save up for it. Never mind the castle and similar design buildings and ruins, i want that castle. I have always dreamed that there would be a really good castle model for warhammer and it would have so much detail and you can take the back walls off and place men inside and on staircases. It makes the gamesworkshop fortress that i already have look Devlan Mud. Thanks for your help.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:48 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

those trees from thomarillion look good but i'd prefer a uk website so that i don't have to worry about foriegn extra charges or whatever.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:33 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

TheDarkLordOfMordor1 wrote:
That preorder castle from tabletopworkshop looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) really tempted to ask for only money to save up for it. Never mind the castle and similar design buildings and ruins, i want that castle. I have always dreamed that there would be a really good castle model for warhammer and it would have so much detail and you can take the back walls off and place men inside and on staircases. It makes the gamesworkshop fortress that i already have look Devlan Mud. Thanks for your help.

It does, doesn't it. If I had the cash I might stick an order on the £165 one. Perhaps I'll wait to see what Santa provides, eh?

I've just noticed that the walls and towers have interiors, too - as can be seen on the bottom right pic on this page of their site: http://www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk/wall_section.html

The mind is already leaping to ideas - a breached wall, where the attackers can rush into the inner corridors? A spare tower, crumbling along one side with ladders reaching in? I'd dismissed it at first as a bit pricey - but, yeah, with plastic I could have all kinds of fun.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:54 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The mind is already leaping to ideas - a breached wall, where the attackers can rush into the inner corridors? A spare tower, crumbling along one side with ladders reaching in? I'd dismissed it at first as a bit pricey - but, yeah, with plastic I could have all kinds of fun.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. score a succesful hit with uruk-hai mines or something and replace the wall with a breached one. A single wall section from tabletop cost £20. Bit more than a gamesworkshop wall (£15) but the back opens and the pre order sets are amazing. When i saw the video i thought 'that has to be like 80 per wall section' but its not.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:37 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi guys, we are 3D printing the wall section out at the moment, and will be posting pics with 28mm figures so you can see the massive scale of this castle.

The wall parts also clip together (and unclip if you want) - they also clip to the next part - ie a tower

The individual levels can be clipped together so you can make shorter or taller walls.

We are hoping to introduce breach parts and conversion kits as we go along. Of course we need you to spend your pennies with us so we can keep expanding it all.

The pre-order is a massive give away to encourage you to go for it - once you see the scale of this wall, I hope it will encourage you all to pre-order.

Please help us and spread the word to everyone you can, we really would appreciate it.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:17 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

i hope the towers and wall are at least 2x taller than GW fortress ones. Can't wait to see pics of the castle. When will they be shown?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:46 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

i hope the towers and wall are at least 2x taller than GW fortress ones. Can't wait to see pics of the castle. When will they be shown?

I think that'd be WAY too tall. The GW one is what? 6 inches tall? So roughly a foot tall for the towers if its doubled. That'd be about 66-70 feet tall scaled to real life

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:09 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The towers are 178mm tall to top of parapet - all the sizes are on our website pre-order areas by the way.

BUT, our towers are made up of 'rings' which can stack - both our walls and our towers can be made taller or shorter by adding or taking away levels.
So, if you want REALLY tall towers, buy some extra's and use the levels from those in an existing tower.

As for pictures, there are loads of the renders on the website and on our facebook pages. Posting 3D printed wall pictures today.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:30 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

It's pretty cool to see you out and about on the forums - definitely helps to get the word out and about.

I'm definitely wanting one of them, especially considering the modular nature of it. It'll have to be after christmas, but it's a cool idea and well worth supporting.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:48 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I will have to wait a while before I get it, but the wait will be worth it. They are going to sell tower mounted ballista and trebuchets, wall hoardings and a load of other stuff. I like how the gatehouse is not just a small door and you can raise and lower the portcullis.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:14 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I will have to wait a while before I get it, but the wait will be worth it. They are going to sell tower mounted ballista and trebuchets, wall hoardings and a load of other stuff. I like how the gatehouse is not just a small door and you can raise and lower the portcullis.

There are some nice pics of the painted 3D print of the wall now on our website, and we will be putting an assembly video on there shortly as well, to show how it clips together, can be changed to different configurations, and how it clips to the towers etc for stability.

The pre-order giveaways are only available until the end of the month.

We did consider some kind of deposit form of the preorder - as it will take 3 months to make all this kit, we wondered if some customers would be happier paying in 3 installments. We still get cashflow, we are not handing anything over until full payment received, and the customer still gets a fantastic offer.

Any tips you guys can come up with, or help by spreading the details about, sharing our facebook page etc - (anything basically) would be appreciated.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:44 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

i guess paying 3 installments would be good for people who can't get enough money before the offer runs out.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:36 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The castle in the picture looks like it might have been made with separate plaster blocks. You can buy moulds for that. These ones are great:
http://www.hirstarts.com/
Note, though, that it will take lots of time to build your castle in this way from the ground.
These would be the most useful moulds:
http://www.hirstarts.com/molds/moldscast.html
The variety if you buy a few moulds is incredible and you can put all your creativity into it.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:34 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

i guess paying 3 installments would be good for people who can't get enough money before the offer runs out.

Deposit scheme now implemented, along with gift vouchers, so that friends and family can help via christmas presents!

Also (as if that isn't enough!) - massive discount vouchers for a whole year for those who pay in full before the end of the year - the sooner you pay, the bigger the discount.