The One Ring
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/

WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Update)
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=22450
Page 6 of 9

Author:  Lorindol [ Wed May 22, 2013 10:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW

Yes that would be better .. D8
Might even be a possibility to make him a little more expensive and go to D9? Than he would be quite though to kill but still have the VH2K rules. I would say increase the defence with 2 and add 25 pionts.

What do others say of this?

Author:  GothmogtheWerewolf [ Thu May 23, 2013 4:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW

Nine would be too hard for that IMO but then again think of Treebeard, so it could work logistically. At 8 he is tougher in WotR in SBG. In any case, I second the notion of a second opinion.

Anyone else want to comment on the defence of the Great Beast?

Author:  Killerkatanas [ Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW

When will you post the Evil profiles?

Brian

Author:  GothmogtheWerewolf [ Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW

I had planned to surprise y'all with it yesterday, but whole family was off so I was a bit preoccupied. I can promise they will be up soon.

8)

Author:  GothmogtheWerewolf [ Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

Firstly, a massive apology is order due to the immense wait for this, so if you've been waiting, I hold my hat off to you.

Evil Formations:

The Great Goblin Pts value 175pts
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
The Great Goblin Goblin Monster 8 7/5+ 5 5 3 2 5 4 Legendary Formation Single Model
Wargear:
Two-handed weapon and throwing weapons

Special Rules
Very Hard to Kill!, Inspiring Leader (Goblins), Pathfinders (Master), Relentless Advance, Blubbery Mass, Overlord
Relentless Advance: When charging, the Great Goblin may pass through friendly Goblin Warbands and Moria Goblin Warbands. Each formation moved over suffers D3 Strength 5 Hits per company that was moved over. He has a Line of Sight over the top of these formations.
Blubbery Mass: Every time a number of Hits equal to the Great Goblin’s Resilience is countered, do not immediately roll on the Very Hard to Kill Chart, first roll an addition D6, on the roll of a 4+ the Hits are discounted.


The Goblin Scribe Pts value 100pts
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
The Goblin Scribe Goblin Monster * 2/- 2 5 1 2 3 1 Legendary Formation: Single Model
Wargear:
Hand weapon.

Special Rules
Hard to Kill!, *Immobile, Always More Where They Came From
Immobile: The Goblin Scribe cannot be moved once deployed, and follows the rules for Artillery relating to movement, terrain and reinforcements.
Always More Where They Came From: At the start of the Move phase, whilst The Goblin Scribe is still alive, he may elect to summon additional formations of Goblin Warriors. He cans summon one formation of D3 companies per turn, and they must be deployed within 12” of the Scribe and may act normally in the turn it arrives.


Grinnah the Goblin Pts value 60pts
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Grinnah Goblin Hero - 3/- - - - 2 3 3 Epic Hero
Single Model
Epic Actions:
Epic Cowardice, Epic Defence, Epic Exchange

Epic Exchange: Grinnah may swap places with a friendly Epic Hero within 14” at the start of the Fight phase.

Special Rules
Inspiring Leader (Goblins)

Gollum may be taken as an Epic Hero in the Misty Mountains List


Goblin Warband Pts value 10pts / company
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Goblin Warriors Goblin Infantry 8 2/- 2 2 8 1 2 Common Formation
Goblin Captain Goblin Hero - 3/- - - - 2 3 2 1-9 companies

Wargear:
Each company has hand weapon and thrown weapons. The entire formation may be given two-handed weapons or shortbows for +5 points per company.

Command:
The first company purchased is automatically the command company. The command company may have the following options:
Goblin Captain 50 pts

Special Rules:
Pathfinders (Master), Prowlers, Mob Rule, Crude Weaponry
Crude Weaponry: Each company makes full attacks when using throwing weapons rather than half, and supporting companies provide +2 rather than +1 D6.

Azog The Defiler, Captain of Mt Gundabad Pts: 180
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Azog Orc Hero - 7/- - - - 3 6 4 Epic Hero Single Model
Epic Actions:
Epic Strike, Epic Rage, Epic Challenge

Special Rules
Inspiring Leader (Orcs), Overlord, I Am Master
I Am Master: Azog always adds +1 to his rolls on Heroic Duel Chart and when rolling to see who wins the duel.

Your force may contain only one Azog


The Pale Orc Astride the White Warg (Azog) Pts:220
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Azog Orc Monster 10 7/- 5 5 4 2 6 6 Legendary Formation: Single Model

Wargear:
Hand weapon, lance and the White Warg.

Epic Actions:
Epic Strike, Epic Rage, Epic Challenge, Epic Rampage

Special Rules
Hard to Kill!, Inspiring Leader (Orcs), Overlord, I Am Master
I Am Master: Azog always adds +1 to his rolls on Heroic Duel Chart and when rolling to see who wins the duel. This is cumulative with the lance.


Bolg Pts: 215
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Bolg Orc Hero - 7/- - - - 3 6 3* Epic Hero
Single Model
Epic Actions:
Epic Strike, Epic Duel, Epic Rampage

Special Rules
Inspiring Leader (Orcs), Mighty Hero, Terror The Bringer of Death
The Bringer of Death: If Bolg slays an enemy hero in a Duel, he immediately regains 1 Might point. This cannot bring his Might above his starting level.


Narzûg Pts: 90
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Narzûg Orc Hero - 5/- - - - 2 4 3 Epic Hero Single Model
Epic Actions:
Epic Strike, Epic Shot, Epic Defence


Fimbul’s Hunters Pts value 80pts + 25 pts / company
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Hunter Orcs Orc Cavalry 10 3/- 4 4 2 2 2 Common Formation
Fimbul Orc Hero - 5/- - - - 2 4 3 1-6 companies

Wargear:
Each company has hand weapon, armour and Fell Wargs. The entire formation may be given bows or lances for +5 points per company.

Command:
The first company purchased is automatically the command company and has Fimbul included in the base cost. The command company may have the following options:
Banner Bearer 35 pts
Orc Hornblower 15 pts

Special Rules:
Prowlers, Expert Riders, Super Fell Sight
Super Fell Sight: This formation counts as having made an Unstoppable Charge on a 4+ rather than 6. Additionally, each company gains and addition +3 D6 per company when charging, regardless of whether the enemy charged is infantry, cavalry or a monster.

Hunter Orc Warband Pts value 20 pts / company
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Hunter Orcs Orc Infantry 6 3/- 4 4 8 1 2 Common Formation
Hunter Orc Captain Orc Hero - 4/- - - - 2 3 2 1-6 companies

Wargear:
Each company has hand weapons and armour. The entire formation may be given bows or two-handed weapons for +5 points per company.
Command:
The first company purchased is automatically the command company. It may have the following options:
Hunter Orc Captain 50 pts
Banner Bearer 35 pts
Orc Hornblower 15 pts

Special Rules:
Prowlers, Many Blades
Many Blades: Hunter Orcs gain D6 attacks on the charge rather than 1.


Hunter Orcs on Fell Wargs Pts value 25 pts / company
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Hunter Orcs Orc Cavalry 10 3/-4 4 2 2 2 Rare Formation
Hunter Orc Captain Orc Hero - 4/- - - - 2 3 2 1-6 companies

Wargear:
Each company has hand weapons and armour. The entire formation may be given bows or lances for +5 points per company.

Command:
The first company purchased is automatically the command company. It may have the following options:
Hunter Orc Captain 50 pts
Banner Bearer 35 pts
Orc Hornblower 15 pts

Special Rules:
Prowlers, Skilled Riders, Fell Sight
Fell Sight: This formation counts as having made an Unstoppable Charge on a 4+ rather than 6.

Fell Warg Pack Pts value 20 pts / company
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Fell Wargs Warg Cavalry 10 3/- 4 4 2 2 2 Common Formation
Fell Warg Chieftain Warg Hero - 4/- - - - 2 3 2 1-9 companies

Wargear:
Teeth and Claws (counts as a hand weapon)

Command:
The first company purchased is automatically the command company. It may have the following options:
Fell Warg Chieftain 50 pts

Special Rules:
Prowlers, Fell Sight
Fell Sight: This formation counts as having made an Unstoppable Charge on a 4+ rather than 6.

William (Bill) Pts value 175 pts
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Bill Troll Monster 8 7/4+ 7 7 3 2 5 3 Legendary Formation Single model

Wargear:
Bill wields a hand weapon and throwing weapons and wears leather armour.

Epic Actions:
Bill may use the following Epic Actions as if he was an Epic Hero
Epic Strike, Epic Duel, Epic Strength

Special Rules:
Very Hard to Kill!, Terror, Magic Purse, Keep ‘em for Later, Mince ‘em Fine
Magic Purse: Enemy formations do not gain any bonus attacks for charging Bill.
Keep ‘em for Later: When this model wins a Heroic Duel, instead of rolling on the Heroic Duel Chart, he may elect to paralyse them instead. The model now has a Fight value of 1.
Mince ‘em Fine: If Bill’s side wins a Fight, Bill may make an additional D6 attacks at Bill’s Strength.

Tom Pts value 190 pts
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Tom Troll Monster 8 7/4+ 7 7 3 2 4 2 Legendary Formation
Single model

Wargear:
Tom wields a hand weapon and throwing weapons and wears leather armour.

Epic Actions:
Tom may use the following Epic Actions as if he was an Epic Hero
Epic Charge, Epic Duel, Epic Challenge

Special Rules:
Hard to Kill!, Terror, Keep ‘em for Later, Squash ‘em to Jelly
Squash ‘em to Jelly: During the Fight phase, instead of Striking as normal, Tom may elect to inflict D3 Strength 7 Hits on every formation per company each formation has.

Bert Pts value 135 pts
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Bert Troll Monster 8 6/4+ 6 6 3 2 3 2 Legendary Formation
Single model

Wargear:
Bert wields a hand weapon and throwing weapons.

Epic Actions:
Bert may use the following Epic Actions as if he was an Epic Hero
Epic Charge, Epic Challenge, Epic Rage

Special Rules:Hard to Kill!, Terror, Keep ‘em for Later, Snot, Roast ‘em Slowly
Snot: Bert may elect one enemy formation in base contact which must pass a Courage test or be reduced to Fight and Strength 1.
Roast ‘em Slowly: Bert may attempt to fling enemies into the campfire during the Move phase. Select one enemy formation, that formation is driven back D3” and suffers D3+1 Automatic hits.

Thx again, C & C most certainly welcome :)

Author:  WhoelsebutHaldir [ Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

:D sweet
A welcomed addition!

Author:  Killerkatanas [ Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

Thanks a'bunch

Brian

Author:  GothmogtheWerewolf [ Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

You are both very welcome 8)

Author:  Telchar [ Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

Looks very good! Just one question - why wouldn't Tom go for "Squash 'em to jelly" every time? It gives him more attacks on average for any formation larger then 1 coy.

Author:  Lorindol [ Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:

The Goblin Scribe Pts value 100pts
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
The Goblin Scribe Goblin Monster * 2/- 2 5 1 2 3 1 Legendary Formation: Single Model
Wargear:
Hand weapon.

Special Rules
Hard to Kill!, *Immobile, Always More Where They Came From
Immobile: The Goblin Scribe cannot be moved once deployed, and follows the rules for Artillery relating to movement, terrain and reinforcements.
Always More Where They Came From: At the start of the Move phase, whilst The Goblin Scribe is still alive, he may elect to summon additional formations of Goblin Warriors. He cans summon one formation of D3 companies per turn, and they must be deployed within 12” of the Scribe and may act normally in the turn it arrives.


I would say this is a very good special rule! You can get atleast 30piont extra on the field every turn.. I guess you should make like the additional goblins have just moved out of a terrain feature. They can;t move, charge or shoot in the turn the were summoned



Quote:
Azog The Defiler, Captain of Mt Gundabad Pts: 180
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Azog Orc Hero - 7/- - - - 3 6 4 Epic Hero Single Model
Epic Actions:
Epic Strike, Epic Rage, Epic Challenge

Special Rules
Inspiring Leader (Orcs), Overlord, I Am Master
I Am Master: Azog always adds +1 to his rolls on Heroic Duel Chart and when rolling to see who wins the duel.

Your force may contain only one Azog


The Pale Orc Astride the White Warg (Azog) Pts:220
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Azog Orc Monster 10 7/- 5 5 4 2 6 6 Legendary Formation: Single Model

Wargear:
Hand weapon, lance and the White Warg.

Epic Actions:
Epic Strike, Epic Rage, Epic Challenge, Epic Rampage

Special Rules
Hard to Kill!, Inspiring Leader (Orcs), Overlord, I Am Master
I Am Master: Azog always adds +1 to his rolls on Heroic Duel Chart and when rolling to see who wins the duel. This is cumulative with the lance


Why does Azog have a lance? It makes him way better but it doesn't even look like the model has a lance.. I can't really imagine orcs using a weapon such as a lance.


Quote:
Narzûg Pts: 90
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Narzûg Orc Hero - 5/- - - - 2 4 3 Epic Hero Single Model
Epic Actions:
Epic Strike, Epic Shot, Epic Defence


3 epic actions and 3 might for just 90 points..? sounds a bit cheap?

Quote:
Fimbul’s Hunters Pts value 80pts + 25 pts / company
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Hunter Orcs Orc Cavalry 10 3/- 4 4 2 2 2 Common Formation
Fimbul Orc Hero - 5/- - - - 2 4 3 1-6 companies

Wargear:
Each company has hand weapon, armour and Fell Wargs. The entire formation may be given bows or lances for +5 points per company.

Command:
The first company purchased is automatically the command company and has Fimbul included in the base cost. The command company may have the following options:
Banner Bearer 35 pts
Orc Hornblower 15 pts

Special Rules:
Prowlers, Expert Riders, Super Fell Sight
Super Fell Sight: This formation counts as having made an Unstoppable Charge on a 4+ rather than 6. Additionally, each company gains and addition +3 D6 per company when charging, regardless of whether the enemy charged is infantry, cavalry or a monster.


Again with the lances? Super fell sight is waaaaayyy to strong in my opinion. on a succesfull charge they could get like 25 dice per company... that is without fight



Quote:
William (Bill) Pts value 175 pts
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Bill Troll Monster 8 7/4+ 7 7 3 2 5 3 Legendary Formation Single model

Wargear:
Bill wields a hand weapon and throwing weapons and wears leather armour.

Epic Actions:
Bill may use the following Epic Actions as if he was an Epic Hero
Epic Strike, Epic Duel, Epic Strength

Special Rules:
Very Hard to Kill!, Terror, Magic Purse, Keep ‘em for Later, Mince ‘em Fine
Magic Purse: Enemy formations do not gain any bonus attacks for charging Bill.
Keep ‘em for Later: When this model wins a Heroic Duel, instead of rolling on the Heroic Duel Chart, he may elect to paralyse them instead. The model now has a Fight value of 1.
Mince ‘em Fine: If Bill’s side wins a Fight, Bill may make an additional D6 attacks at Bill’s Strength.

Tom Pts value 190 pts
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Tom Troll Monster 8 7/4+ 7 7 3 2 4 2 Legendary Formation
Single model

Wargear:
Tom wields a hand weapon and throwing weapons and wears leather armour.

Epic Actions:
Tom may use the following Epic Actions as if he was an Epic Hero
Epic Charge, Epic Duel, Epic Challenge

Special Rules:
Hard to Kill!, Terror, Keep ‘em for Later, Squash ‘em to Jelly
Squash ‘em to Jelly: During the Fight phase, instead of Striking as normal, Tom may elect to inflict D3 Strength 7 Hits on every formation per company each formation has.

Bert Pts value 135 pts
RACE TYPE M F S D A R C Mt
Bert Troll Monster 8 6/4+ 6 6 3 2 3 2 Legendary Formation
Single model

Wargear:
Bert wields a hand weapon and throwing weapons.

Epic Actions:
Bert may use the following Epic Actions as if he was an Epic Hero
Epic Charge, Epic Challenge, Epic Rage

Special Rules:Hard to Kill!, Terror, Keep ‘em for Later, Snot, Roast ‘em Slowly
Snot: Bert may elect one enemy formation in base contact which must pass a Courage test or be reduced to Fight and Strength 1.
Roast ‘em Slowly: Bert may attempt to fling enemies into the campfire during the Move phase. Select one enemy formation, that formation is driven back D3” and suffers D3+1 Automatic hits.


why do the troll with leather armour have a defence of 7 compared to mordor troll with heavy armour who also have a defence of seven?? I really like their special rules though haha


I still think it's great that you made these rules gothmog! keep up the good work

Author:  GothmogtheWerewolf [ Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

Sorry for the delay guys.

@Telchar, the idea is for him to do that virtually all the time except when facing monsters. I forgot to add that when using Squash Em To Jelly he no longer gains bonuses for Fight value or charging.

@Lorindol: as follows

@Scribe - yes, it would be better if they couldn't move/shoot/charge when summoned though he would now be in competition with Druzhag. Still to OP though, not seen the profile in ages.

@Azog, the lance is Yazneg's that's why, from the original Azog, it's in the hobbit rulebook, it does seem odd since Azog no longer has a lance. It might be edited out for -5 points.

@Narzûg, Faramir is still a better deal, though I personally think 110 points Narzûg should be, maybe 100 though otherwise Gothmog outcompetes him.

@Fimbul's Hunters, have you got something against lances? I think the wording is a little off. I didn't mean that a 6 company formation would get 6 D3 bonus attacks for each company. I can't think of a way to make is slightly better than regular Fell Sight (like with Sharku's Hunters and Expert Rider) can you think of anything better?

@Trolls. Mordor Trolls with defence 7 don't have heavy armour just armour, Troll Chieftains with defence 8 have heavy armour. Just copying defences from SBG also like the other Trolls do. Also Defence 6 makes them too vulnerable to Strength 4 units.

Thank you both 8)

Author:  Lorindol [ Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

any new house rules comming up ?

i love your work GTW!! :D

Author:  GothmogtheWerewolf [ Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

Just a reply to say that when Uni finishes for 2013, I will be putting up WotR rules for the new releases. 8)

Author:  Celevue [ Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

Thanks, looking forward to them, and appreciating your efforts! Let's hope Tauriel survives PJ's three movies to see the Battle of Mirkwood some 78 years later...

Author:  Celevue [ Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

Oh, and if you have any house rule ideas for Grimbeorn in the Wardens of Carrock formation, allowing him to turn into a bear, I'd be interested... I've been entertaining an idea that once the last company is reduced to half, Grimbeorn is not removed but he transforms into a bear instead.

Author:  GothmogtheWerewolf [ Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

Here are my next set of Houserules.

GOOD

Thranduil – as is

Tauriel Epic Hero, Single Model, 105pts
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Tauriel Elf Hero – 6/3+ - - - 3 6 3
Epic Actions:
Epic Strike, Epic Rage, Epic Duel
Special Rules:
Terror, Pathfinders (Master), Blade Mistress
Blade Mistress: In combat, Tauriel’s company may make additional D3 attacks per company engaged with her own bar the first one i.e. if there is one company engaged, she makes no additional attacks, if there are three companies, she makes two additional D3 attacks.

Legolas – as is

Mirkwood Ranger Warband Rare Formation, 1-6 companies, 50 pts / company
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Mirkwood Rangers Elf Infantry 8 5/2+ 3 4 8 1 5 –
Ranger Captain Elf Infantry – 6/- - - - 2 6 2
Wargear:
Each company has hand weapons, leather armour and longbows.
Command:
The first company purchased is automatically the command company and may take the following options:
Mirkwood Ranger Captain 50pts
Elf Hornblower 15pts
Special Rules:
Terror, Pathfinders (Master), Knife Fighters, Ambushers
Knife Fighters: For each enemy company engaged with a formation of Mirkwood Rangers, each company of the formation increases its attacks by 1, to a maximum of 4 per company.

Palace Guard Regiment Common Formation, 1-6 companies, 55 pts / company
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Palace Guards Elf Infantry 8 6/3+ 3 5(7) 8 1 5 –
Guard Captain Elf Infantry – 7/- - - - 2 6 2
Wargear:
Each company has hand weapons, heavy armour and shields. They may take pikes for +5pts per company.
Command:
The first company purchased is automatically the command company and may take the following options:
Palace Guard Captain 50pts
Banner Bearer 35pts
Elf Hornblower 15pts
Special Rules:
Terror, Pathfinders (Master), King’s Guard
King’s Guard: Formations of Palace Guards within 6” of Thranduil receive a +1 bonus to their Strength value.

Thrain the Broken Legendary Formation, Single Model, 50 pts
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Thrain Dwarf Monster 5 4/4+ 4 4 2 2 3 0
Wargear:
Hand weapon
Special Rules:
Hard To Kill!, Pathfinders (Mountains), Stalwart, Shattered Spirit
Shattered Spirit: At the start of every Priority phase, before rolling for priority, Thrain must make a courage test. If he passes, he acts normally, unless he passes the roll on a double score in which case he adds +3 to his Fight, Strength, Attacks and Courage. If the test is failed, he may not act, if it is failed on a double score, he becomes an Evil formation until the end of the turn although Good models may not cause him harm in any way.

Beorn (Man) Epic Hero, Single Model, 215 pts
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Beorn Man Hero – 6/3+ - - - 3 6 4
Epic Actions:
Epic Strike, Epic Challenge, Epic Rampage
Special Rules:
Pathfinders (Woodland), Burly, Skin Changer
Burly: Beorn may use two D6 in Heroic Duels, discarding the lowest result, exactly as if he called an Epic duel.
Skin Changer: Beorn can change shape between Man and Bear at the start of his formation’s move on the roll of a 4+ He may continue to act normally. When he becomes a Bear, place him within 3” of the formation he was in as a Man. If he wishes to become a Man, he must be within 3” of the formation he wishes to join.

Beorn (Bear) Legendary Formation, Single Model
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Beorn Bear Monster 8 8/4+ 8 8 3 2 6 4*
Wargear:
Beorn is armed with his teeth and claws (hand weapon)
Epic Actions: Beorn may use the following Epic Actions ad if he was an Epic Hero
Epic Strike, Epic Challenge, Epic Rampage, Epic Rage
Special Rules:
Terror, Pathfinders (Woodland), Burly, Crushing Strength, Berserk, Leader of the Bear Folk, Very Hard To Kill!
Burly: Beorn may use two D6 in Heroic Duels, discarding the lowest result, exactly as if he called an Epic duel.
Crushing Strength: Instead of making strikes as normal in combat, Beorn may attempt to bear-hug a Hero in an enemy formation. The Hero suffers D3 automatic hits. This takes place during normal combat and does not prevent Beorn from taking part in a Heroic Duel.
Leader of the Bear Folk: Beorn counts as an Inspiring Leader, but only Grimbeorn and the Beornings may benefit from it.
*Beorn retains the amount of Might points in Bear form that he had in Man form.

Bard the Bowman Epic Hero, Single Model, 150 pts
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Bard Man Hero – 7/3+ - - - 3 6 4
Epic Actions:
Epic Challenge, Epic Shot, Epic Duel
Special Rules:
Inspiring Leader (Men), Rapid Fire, The Black Arrow
Rapid Fire: Bard’s company may fire twice in the shoot phase and treat their Shoot Value as 3+ if it is higher.
The Black Arrow: Once per game, Bard may elect to use his Black Arrow in the shoot phase. This works like Epic Shot only it does not require Might and you re-roll all failed To Hit rolls. If the target is a Monster, you may also re-roll on the Hard To Kill! table or equivalent.

Girion, Lord of Dale Epic Hero, Single Model, 85 pts
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Girion Man Hero – 6/3+ - - - 2 5 3
Epic Actions:
Epic Challenge, Epic Shot
Special Rules:
Inspiring Leader (Men), Dead- eye Shot
Dead-eye Shot: When targeting a Flying Monster with Epic Shot, he may re-roll all failed To Hit rolls, he may also re-roll a single D6 involved in a Heroic Duel with a Flying Monster.

Dale Warband Common Formation, 1-6 companies, 25 pts / company
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Warriors of Dale Man Infantry 6 4/4+ 3 4(6) 8 1 3 –
Captain of Dale Man Infantry – 5/- - - - 2 4 2
Wargear:
Each company has hand weapons, armour and shields. They may exchange their shields for longbows – reducing their defence to 4 – for free.
Command:
The first company purchased is automatically the command company and may take the following options:
Captain of Dale 50pts
Banner Bearer 35pts
Dale Hornblower 15pts

Laketown Guard Warband Common Formation, 1-9 companies, 15 pts / company
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Laketown Guards Man Infantry 6 3/4+ 3 4 8 1 2 –
Guard Captain Man Infantry – 4/- - - - 2 3 2
Wargear:
Each company has hand weapons. They may take bows for +5 pts per company.
Command:
The first company purchased is automatically the command company and may take the following options:
Guard Captain 50pts
Banner Bearer 35pts
Dale Drummer 15pts

The Master of Laketown’s Personal Guard Legendary Formation, 1-6 companies, 80 pts + 15 pts / company
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Laketown Guards Man Infantry 6 3/4+ 3 4 8 1 2 –
The Master Man Infantry – 4/- - - - 2 3 3
Alfrid Man Infantry – 3/- - - - 1 3 2
Wargear:
Each company has hand weapons. They may take bows for +5 pts per company.
Command:
The first company purchased is automatically the command company and includes The Master of Laketown, Alfrid the Councillor and a Banner Bearer. It may take a Dale Drummer for the following cost:
Dale Drummer 15pts
Special Rules:
The Master: Inspiring Leader (Men), Moneybags, Dragon Sickness
Alfrid: Dubious Counsel
Moneybags: The Master of Laketown may expend a Might point in the Fight phase to give his formation and all Laketown Guard formations within 6” of his +1 Fight and +1 Strength until the end of the phase.
Dragon Sickness: At the start of the game, the Evil player selects one Hero or Epic Hero in his army to be the bearer of a large sum of gold. If the Master’s formation is in combat with this Hero or his formation, the Master must pass a courage test or automatically lose the fight, counting as disordered.
Dubious Counsel: Alfrid may choose to expend any number of Might points at the start of the Priority phase. For each point spent, select a Hero or Epic Hero within 6”. On the roll of a 2-5, the hero gains a Might point, on the roll of a 6, the Hero gains D3 Might points, on the roll of a 1, the Hero loses D3 Might points and Alfrid gains D3 Might points.

EVIL

Yazneg Epic Hero, single model, 70 pts
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Yazneg Orc Hero – 5/5+ - - - 2 3 3
Epic Actions:
Epic Cowardice, Epic Rage
Special Rules:
The Price of Failure
The Price of Failure: If Azog is the Army leader, he and Yazneg are in the same formation, and the Evil army is reduced to 25% of its starting numbers, you may choose to remove Yazneg as a casualty. If you do so, from that point on, every Evil Hero and Formation will automatically pass all Courage tests, is automatically steadfast if defeated and counts as having the Stalwart special rule.

Gundabad Orc Regiment Rare Formation, 1-6 companies, 35 pts / company
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Gundabad Orc Warriors Orc Infantry 6 4/5+ 4 5 8 1 3 –
Gundabad Orc Captain Orc Infantry – 5/- - - - 2 4 2
Wargear:
Each company has hand weapons, heavy armour and pikes. They may exchange their pikes for shields – increasing the defence to 5(7) – for free.
Command:
The first company purchased is automatically the command company and may take the following options:
Gundabad Orc Captain 50pts
Banner Bearer 35pts
Orc Drummer 15pts
Orc Taskmaster 25pts
Special Rules:
Ancient Enemies
Ancient Enemies: If Gundabad Orcs lose a fight that involves at least one formation of Elves or Dwarves, they are steadfast on a roll of 5 or 6, rather than 6.

Mirkwood Spider, Common Formation, single model, 40pts
Name Race Type Move F S D A R C Mt
Mirkwood Spider Spider Monster 8 5/2+ 5 3 2 2 3 0
Wargear:
Mirkwood Spiders are armed with vicious mandibles (hand weapon) and spider webs (throwing weapon)
Special Rules:
Venom, Pathfinders (Woodland), Spider Webs, Hard To Kill!
Venom: Mirkwood Spiders may reroll all failed To Wound rolls in close combat
Spider Webs: This is treated as a throwing weapon, only instead of causing a casualty or hitting the enemy’s resistance, if the To Hit roll is successful the enemy formation is paralysed and may not move, shoot, charge or cast spells this turn, and is treated as having Fight, Strength and Attacks value as 0. A Spider may not charge in a turn in which it casts a web.

Author:  Killerkatanas [ Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

Thanks Goth!

Author:  Celevue [ Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

Brilliant, thanks - much appreciated. Bard's profile should be fine just as it is for King Brand, too (provided that the Black Arrow is considered to be the one from the book, not from the film).

Author:  GothmogtheWerewolf [ Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

Thanks to One Ring's own Dreadaxe, the Desolation of Smaug rules can be seen an nice looking (100% unofficial) format.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/375 ... 0Smaug.pdf

And yes, a Mirkwood Spider is not a Regiment.

Author:  SouthernDunedain [ Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WOTR HOBBIT Releases Houserules by GtW (Finally.. An Upd

Why is broken thrain a monster? And shouldn't the mirkwood rangers have elven cloaks? Nice add on tho, might print that out and stick it in my rulebook. Well done to all involved. 8)

Page 6 of 9 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/