All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:49 am

Post subject: Warriors of Numenor
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi all ive been collecting the last alliance elves and have gained some of the Numenor warriors, can anybody suggest another use for them other than Last Alliance, ive thought of using them in my Gondor army as Denethors Guard, or something similar. But has any body another suggestion, i will paint them as Last Alliance anyway so they will be right for that encounter, but there use will be limited if i can only use them for that. It seems a shame to waste them by using them as statues. Ive got Isildur to lead them, but also he is a liitle restricted. So any thoughts?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:15 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Theres lots of uses for them.

I really like the royal guard type of idea. Not quite fountain court guard, but still elite.

As for other ideas, well thats only hindered by your own imagination and how strictly you feel you need stick to PJ "canon".

In other words, just because they are numenorean warriors in the movie doesnt mean that they necessarily have to be the same in the game. Call them something else, like Gondoran patrols or what have you.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well, if you want to use them as themselves, you really need to buy the metal spear and bow wielders. If you don't want to spend the extra money, you could convert them into spectres without looking out of place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:52 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Maybe as black numenorians?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:39 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I really like the idea of using them as some sort of "Royal Guard" unit. If you play WotR, they could be the Royal Guard of Arnor. If I were going to do this, I would shave the tree and stars off of the shield, and paint some sign on there, perhaps the personal symbol of the person they are assigned to protect. You can just make something up for that.

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:23 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks for the ideas, thats plenty to consider, i do like the Arnor idea and the Black Numenor, so food for thought. Also as the other idea of using them as a "guard" is sound, many thanks to all for the ideas, gives me something to think about over the winter months :D
 Post subject: Numenorean Warriors
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:07 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Well, for War of the Ring, I would think that the simplest way to go would be to bring them in as allies; they could be standard Numenorean Warriors. The book says that they have hand weapons, armour and shields - looks like you'd be set.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:35 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Yes, it would be the simplest way to incorporate them, but that's still Last Alliance era.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:06 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

if you want to spend a lil time with them i could suggest converting them to represent one of the fiefdoms which have'nt got models :) like warriors from Pelegair or Pinnath Gelin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:34 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Yeah, if you look in this link at the second pic down on the left it looks like Chris Peach has converted some fiefdorms from the Warriors of Numenor with yellow shields and a black symbol: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=3000001a. (Sorry it's quite small, but you get the idea and you could still use them as Numenorian Warriors but of a special regiment).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:34 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The old Decipher Lord of the Rings roleplaying game had a Kieran Yanner illustration of a warrior of Dol Amroth who was dressed in something very similar to the Last Alliance era Gondorian warriors (long heavy spear, mail shirt, tunic and a long shield).

It makes a nice sort of sense having the "Numenoreans" as warriors of the fiefdoms. I'd say Belfalas, myself - long Numenorean heritage, a rich province and ties to the men of Dol Amroth (who have the same long shield type in the SBG).

I'd use lots of blues - dark blue cloak, maybe deep blue tunic and lots of light greys and whites. Something to visually link the "Numenoreans" to the Warriors of Minas Tirith and the Knights of Dol Amroth.

Gavin