All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:07 pm

Post subject: Wow for the rulebook!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:33 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

So as a long time (ago) warhammer 40K player I am rekindling my wargaming
I stopped about 10 years ago due to moving country, then had kids, then played World of warcraft the Lord of the Rings Online.
Recently I realized how much I missed army building, playing, modeling etc and as an avid Tolkien fan and LOTRO player, it was natural for me to want to dip my toe into GWs latest money sink/license.

I scoured ebay and quickly picked up a load of figures (about 200 or so including Balrogs, Sauron, Mines of Moria starter pack etc)
I dug out my old paints, watered them down and have begun painting.

I initially read the Strategy battle game rules and admit to being underwhelmed, I read up on the War of the ring version and it seemed a bit more interesting, so I sent off for the rulebook from Games workshop.

I got it today and WOW I am impressed, Ive only skimmed it and the game system seems a bit more down my street, but my god the production of the book is fantastic, the detail, the lore etc. Hats off to whoever wrote and deigned it all! The pictures of the epic battles had me drooling (mmm, game workshop know exactly how to make money dont they!)
Anyway, another 190 or so figures to go, but I feel rejuvinated, now to find some opponents that arent children!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:16 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Right on welcome back.
Which army are you working on first?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:45 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

well, Isenguard and Gondor, i have enough to make about 1000 points or so of each. Just looking at tehrulebook to work out how many companies of each troop type I can make and therfore what I need.
Ill post a complete list of what I have later so people can advise me of what to add (I seem to be missing ranged and cavalry as we speak!)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:44 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Oooh - Gondor and Isengard! :) Jayha85 plays Isengard and I play Gondor, and i can say you've made 2 pretty good choices there!

If you need any help or have any questions - feel free to ask us; we are always more than willing to help out!