All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: Some questions...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:40 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

1.How does the "Hope is Lost!" rul.e work with heroes. This came up in a recent game where my opponent had a company of Knights of Minas Tirith remaining with Faramir in it.I managed to cause three hits with my Uruk Shaman.The Knight was killed and as the company was at half strength it was removed.Is this correct?

2.How does the "The Enemy are Upon Us!" rule work with shooting.My opponent had a unit of Minas Tirith Archers within six inches of my Uruk-hai formation and he moved one and a half inches.I told him that as he was within six inches his movement is halved and that by moving his archers he wouldn't be able to shoot.However he told me that the "The Enemy are Upon Us!" rule didin't affect shooting.I believe I was right but I'd just like to be sure.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:24 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

1. Faramir dies first. You cannot have more Epic Heroes in a company than regular warriors. Once he dies, remove the base cause you're the last company in the formation and at half.

2. I...don't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:53 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Once a company is reduced 10 50% models its removed.

Well if he only moved 1 1/2" he could still shoot anyway. Half of 6" is 3" and half again for shooting is 1 1/2".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:29 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

ah my bad.He didn't move 1.5 he moved 3 and shot.Sorry for the mistake.

Post subject: Re: Some questions...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:04 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

i know this was three years ago. but you are wrong abpout the shooting thing. The movement of the company doesnt half because of the enemy are upon us, it just means that the move counts as double the distance there is a difference. so minas tirith archers do not now have a move of 3, they still have 6 but if they move 1 inch it counts as 2. But even if you are not being specific to the rules, use your common sense, the no shooting if youve move over half is to represent them drawing arrows and stuff, that amount of time wouldnt change because the enemyt are near would it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:39 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Warbo, please stop necromancing age-old threads 8) .

Also, if the amount of inches they move is doubled, he can still only move 3 inch for his full move. His half move would then be 3 divided by 2 =1.5 inch. Thus, he plays it correctly.

:puppy:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:15 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

IEven if you play exactly to the rules word-by-word I am right, if u like to use common sense when there is a problem consider that the reason archers cant shoot after moving full is because they didnt have anough time to take and arrow and draw their bow. That amount of time wont change according to the specific ground beneath there feet. they wouln't draw an arrow in slow motion because they are standing upon rocks instead of flat grass would they? either way I am correct

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:25 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

You didn't say anything that hasn't been said already, you literally contributed nothing to this thread and then said that you were right "either way". At best, you corrected the semantics of the conversation, but you still didn't help in any way shape or form.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:10 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I did contribute, the topic had been left with the wrong answer, for some reason they thought that u can only shoot if u moved a quater or less when u are on difficult terrain. I was correcting them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:43 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Warbo wrote:
I did contribute, the topic had been left with the wrong answer, for some reason they thought that u can only shoot if u moved a quater or less when u are on difficult terrain. I was correcting them.

Wrongly.

Rules-wise I've explained above.

Common sense wise, the "The enemy are upon us" rule means that the troops prepare for the enemy attack, which costs time, and so they lose time to move. Do you say they don't need to prepare when they are firing, or don't need to load when the enemy is close?

:puppy:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:51 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Quote:
A formation may not shoot if it is disordered, or has moved more than half its move value in the preceding move phase.

So a formation with M6 cannot shoot if it moved >3" in the last Move Phase.
Quote:
All distances moved over difficult terrain count as double the actual distance.

This does not mean that a formation on difficult terrain has its moved halved. So the aforementioned formation with M6 would still have M6 despite the fact it can only move a maximum of 3".
If it does move 3" through difficult terrain it has still not disobeyed the rules of being allowed to shoot in the Shoot Phase. It hasn't moved >3" so it may still shoot.
You loose. I'm right. You're wrong. The end.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:04 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

There's no point continuing this discussion. The post was 3 years old and the member who created it has not been around since August 2009.

I'm locking this.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]