All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

Post subject: Has anyone else had problems ordering from eBob miniatures?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:08 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but since eBob is a member, I thought this would be appropriate to post in here.

So, as many of you may know eBob has a miniature website. I have seen that several people have got his products on here in the past. I have had a little trouble with ordering from him though.

I placed an order on some items from his store. Is was three or so days before he took the money. I waited three weeks for the items arrival, but they never came. :x

So then I emailed him. He replied saying 'sorry, they haven't been posted yet. I was waiting for some stock to come in.' He never emailed me that he hadn't yet posted them, or there was no stock. I was a little suspicious then. (I'd never ordered from eBob before.)

He also says 'I will be posting them today'. I've waited two weeks since that email, but no items have arrived. I'm thinking of emailing him again, but I'm wondering if this happens to other people who have ordered from him.

I don't often order from online. I've only done it a few times.

Has anyone else had these ordering problems with him? Because I just want to check if he does have slow posting and so on. Any information would be greatly appreciated :-D

Yours sincerely, Bofur The Dwarf :gimli:

It sort of then became a Hobbit
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone else had problems ordering from eBob miniatur
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:00 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I can't remember ever having problems with ebob in anyway, and I've bought a few things from him at that

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:35 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Yes.

Not too long ago, all of my orders with eBob went through very well--the only problem was wait time for shipping from the UK. Earlier this year, however, I tried to place an order for some models from the Rebellion range. Paypal went through fine--but it took eBob a month to contact me and tell me the models were out of stock. I actually asked for my order to be refunded (so I could buy some paints instead--although I felt bad about my impatience costing eBob a sale) and for eBob to let me know when the models would be back in stock.

The models I was interested in were finally restocked four months later.

Somewhat tellingly, there are several Rebellion models that have been on hold for years now, such as the Irish Gallowglass. His Vietnam range, Recon 28, has been "coming soon" for three years, with no signs of release. And who knows when he plans to release the mounted Normans, greens of which were showcased along with foot versions.

eBob is a one-man operation and I respect that. He's one of the best 28mm sculptors, if a little unrecognized. I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but it seems patience is the key to purchasing from him now.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:41 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

You should contact him directly. I haven't seen him on forums for a while - I don't think he has time for it any more.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:28 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Ebob is a good guy - he sometimes has a waiting time while he casts up to order. Email him again and just say "hiya hope you haven't forgotten about my order "

he'll sort it out for you.

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:24 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

It could be that he's so busy with commissions that his own line/store gets neglected. I can certainly sympathise with that to a degree. That's no reason to keep customers uninformed though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:05 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I have used ebob in the past month, he's good. I think you have to realise he is not a business, so a bit slower on dispatch and stock levels. He has always responded to emails.

On the plus side his products are excellent and competitively priced, would fully recommend but just be patient and chase every 2 or 3 weeks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:30 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've also had a slow but successful order during the summer; ordered a horse, six spiders and three boats. After inquiring about the order in July or so (a few weeks after submitting the order), he sent me two boats and the horse; the rest was out of stock for the moment. I got them in August, and since I was not in a hurry (and had ordered several times previously) there was no harm in delay. I can certainly also understand the difficulty of one-man operations, which are often also dependent on subcontractors. I've ordered many times models from Realspace Models, and the delivery time is usually half a year after the payment (but the items always do arrive, eventually).

Do like DMS says, just ping him if you feel you have waited for too long. I'm sure you'll get your items eventually.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:39 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I've order from him twice (although not recently), and both times found eBob very friendly and decent with good communication. Never had any delivery delays either.

As suggested above, maybe just shoot him a reminder email?