All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:00 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:46 am 
The problem is with any system based on trust and integrity there are always going to be the odd one that abuses the system. I have recently had my own encounter (which is now resolved many thanks to Brian).
I have enjoyed trading miniatures with many members of the O-R community over the last two years and will continue to do so.
I think the system is fine as it is and if you look in the feedback ratings there are far more positive trades than negative and I don't think that anything needs changing.
It doesn't really matter what systems you put in place integrity is always what counts and 99.9% of the community are people of the highest integrity, it is an unfortunate fact that no matter what we do there will always be the odd one that lets the side down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:02 am 
Dark Lord of Moria
Dark Lord of Moria

I think for the amount of time we have run this thing, we have been very fortunate to have the calibre of members we do...and I take my hat off to each and everyone of you !!!

Apart from the '2' (not mentioned...you know who they are), all of our participating community have been honest, fair & trustworthy !!!

Dont worry about the few who try to cheat the system, the One Ring Heavy Mob will sort them out eventually !!! I am quite willing to spend 10 - 30 years in jail (even life if need be - I hear prisoners have Broadband access these days) to look after each and everyone of you!

Highest Integrity indeed, which 'as always', makes me proud to be a member of this site !!!

Cheaters and con artists beware! I will make your Mother a hamster and your Father an Elderberry and I will taunt you a second. third and forth time !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:21 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Alan and Brian,

Thank you very much for taking up an effort to hold this unscrupulous trader accountable. I really appreciate it. Like the others have said, it's this sort of attention to integrity that makes One Ring second to none, IMO.

I agree in that it's unlikely we'll see the models he promised, or our traded models returned but as Alan said, if the kid's parents help him learn a lesson through it, I'll be satisfied.

Keep up the excellent work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:03 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

This is one of the reasons why i love the site ,ive had a silly amount of trades on here and never been ripped off untill now , it is a trust thing and ive always trusted the other sender even if they havent any feed back (everyone needs a 1st chance is my view)

the best thing to me though is i have made a few very very good friends with my trades because of it, as in Brian, Alan, Dave (Botwt), Fatty-Bolger and my Best online buddy Tim (Tidoco).

to be honest it wont spoil trading for me but the effort you are putting in to this Brian & Alan is greatly apprceiated and if you need any help with anything in the future (other than modding duties) please give me a shout.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:16 am 
Dark Lord of Moria
Dark Lord of Moria

Received this yesterday...

Quote:
Dear Sir,
I am glad you have brought this matter to my attention and I assure you this will not happen again. I have spoken with matthew about this and he is very sorry, as this has happened on youre site i see it fit that I share with you what his punishment shall be, he will not be attending games day this year and banned from using the internet for 2 months. Once again I am sorry this has happened, please contact me via this email address.

Regards

Gary Spice

Dubious whether or not it is real !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:25 am 
Dark Lord of Moria
Dark Lord of Moria

I have been back in contact with our '3rd parties', and in doing so and on their advice, I have sent the following reply...

Quote:
Forgive my concerns, but this site has seen many a fraudster in its time.

If your email was legitimate, then thank you for taking this matter in hand, however, the punishment you have set does not justify the means !

You...or your son...are in the posession of goods that do not belong to him/you !

I am able to give you a complete listing of miniatures that have been 'stolen' and addresses of all the members who 'trusted' this member to deliver what was promised.

Obviously, the trades were fraudulent (we now have an admission), however, I would like to see the miniatures returned to each and every member or, each member compensated for their loss.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards

Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:48 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Very Good to be suspicious , not going to games day this year does not seem fit as a punishment for multiple frauds.

Matthew is very sorry , so if he says sorry to all the big nasty people on the OR that makes up forr the amount of money spent on Mini's traded without getting any back. :x
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:04 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
I assure you this will not happen again
I can assure him it won't happen again, since he has been banned from the site and everyone OR trader within a 30,000 km radius has been alerted to the little [bleep].

I would be inclined to let him go to Games Day, but get him to wear a t-shirt with his name in big letters on it. That way any OR members going can more easily pass on a 'personal message' from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:12 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

in my head hes made all that up and that was him who wrote the letter if his dad did write that then why did he not offer to return the items ?

from some of the abuse and language he used in the last email or 2 before i banned him from here and blocked his emails from my address he is more than capable of writting that.

but at least hes finally admitted doing it , couldent we just pass all that information on to the police ?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:19 am 
Dark Lord of Moria
Dark Lord of Moria

I have just sent an email to Mathews father with all of your email addresses and all of the details of the miniatures you have lost.
I also included images of the miniatures so there would be no confusion.

I guess its just a waiting game now to see if your items are returned.

If not, I have been informed to take the matter up with a devision of the police that deals with internet fraud.

I hope all miniatures lost are returned to you all and this matter can be resolved quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:10 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Thanks for all your help on this matter Brian. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:34 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks again. I really appreciate all the "extra" work you are going through for the members behalf.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:57 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Brian your spot on mate ! thanks for all the hard work. . .
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:11 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

A friend in the local Hells Angels Chapter owes me a favour, Canvey Island is not too far away.....if you feel he needs a little gentle encouragement :twisted:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:43 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Heheh, I know you're joking Tony and so was I about giving him a 'personal message.'

I've had enough of this whole saga now and want it to come to an end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:19 pm 
Dark Lord of Moria
Dark Lord of Moria

I have literally just walked through the door after getting back from the Maldives to find a package with some miniatures in it from Mr Spice.

When I get my head together, I'll sort through them to see what I have and what belongs to who and get them posted out to who they belong to.

Very nice of him to send them to me at my expense...oh yes, very nice indeed !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:02 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

It just shows us underlings how much you really care about us, the fact you will spend time and money retrieving items (that i have to admit i thought would be lost forever) from a common theif. It's what makes this site the number 1 place to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:43 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Thank you very much for the effort you put forth on this issue and if any of my miniatures are in that parcel please keep them or put them toward a reward for the One Ring Awards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:49 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

yup same from me Brian

i would be happy if you kept my miniature (if its in there) as im just really glad the little ^%*£* dosent have them anymore and as a thank you for doing it.

(plus i traded off all my elves last week lol)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:13 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome back Brian and thank you for pursuing this. I honestly never thought we'd see these minis again. The expense of sending my mini back here to Australia just isn't worth it, so hang on to the Radagast model and add it to the prize pool.

But if anyone else would like their models back however, the OR will pay for the postage.