All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: The One Ring is 10! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

To those asking, yes the dice will be delivered outside the UK.

SouthernDunedain wrote:
Happy Birthday!! Any sneaky pics of the dice? I got to get myself some of those :D Here's to the next 10 years 8)

They can be seen on this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14619

The Red and Blue featured in the thread are the dice up that will be available to purchase. We also have 10 sets of Purple One Ring dice that are only available as prizes to the winners of the One Ring 'Best Of' Awards (viewtopic.php?f=70&t=27358).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:13 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Happy birthday to One ring :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

New year resolutions for 2014: visit this old harbour of peace, friendship and creativity more frequently. Instead of lurking, try to post something - albeit probably not very interesting, I must add.

But I could not let this one pass without adding my voice, right?

It feels extremely heartwarming that this place is still alive. Although I never gave up the hobby, I haven't touched a brush in years. As time goes by, one wonders how much longer that backlog will collect dust... Anyway, the fact that The One Ring is still alive and kicking should be the best motivator possible. Cheers to the staff, old friends and members who have made this an awesome site for the last ten years! And a special thanks to Dagorlad for remembering my name (and those of other old warriors from the early beginnings), a small gesture that I accept with tons of old fashioned gratitude.

PS: to all my old friends, I will do my utmost best to answer those heartwarming Private Messages that I received over the years but failed to reply!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:50 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Wow, ten whole years! Happy birthday OR!

I've been a member for six of those years, and a lurker for a few more yet, and it has always been my go-to place for the game. Thanks for all the memories and good times, as well as inspirational threads. Here's to another 10 years! :yay:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:34 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Happy Birthday One Ring :) Great wee community. Sad I can't pop in anymore :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:48 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Shieldmaiden wrote:
Sad I can't pop in anymore :(

Why not? What happened?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:20 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I still remember the day I joined... I just didn't realize I was getting this much older already...
Congrats and thanks to all! I wish I had more time to join the celebrations, but right now I have other important things to take care of first...
Long live One Ring! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:46 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

TBB must be brewing a big batch.... :P
To all those who cannot make it in here regularly for a constant stream of insanity, well, you know what you are missing. The best Middle-earth site of the lot! Come back and confirm Mac's dictum: 'They always come back'.

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:59 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I may not be as active, as i used to be once. But the forum really ment alot for me. Congrats for the long years and may this keep on going for lots longer. It's great how many people this helped and inspired.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:26 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

ukfreddybear wrote:
Shieldmaiden wrote:

Why not? What happened?

Lots of stuffs. Got a management job, got a dog, got a new hobby, can't afford to buy GW anymore/refuse to buy finecast... and then lack of time. A heady cocktail really!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I have a dreadful job (was a manager for 14 years and that was dreadful in places too), I have 2 Wargs, I have too many hobbies, buy very little GW as the prices are too high and Finecast quality is too unreliable (and the house will collapse under the weight), and with other family commitments I have little time BUT coming here, even for a few minutes most days, always cheers me up.
And I am working towards having a proper workspace/storage and gaming area to all my minis. Always look on the bright side of life.

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Happy 10th Birthday the One Ring,

I remember finding this forum back in it's infancy stages and now look how big the community is now. I shall be ordering very soon about 3 sets of anniversary Dice.

Shieldmaiden wrote:
ukfreddybear wrote:
Shieldmaiden wrote:

Why not? What happened?

Lots of stuffs. Got a management job, got a dog, got a new hobby, can't afford to buy GW anymore/refuse to buy finecast... and then lack of time. A heady cocktail really!

That's I source most my mini's now from Ebay as they are dirt cheap and some are still in the blisters and boxes, plus I prefer metal than resin....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:39 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Bit late to the party on this one but HAPPY CHUFFING BIRTHDAY!

This is hands down the nicest, most respectful forum on the internet. It never ceases to amaze me that such a huge group of strangers from across the globe can come together in one place and encourage, share and debate with each other in such a friendly and open manner. I feel that SBG may be in the Winter of its life but I have never been more into the hobby than I am now and we have a thriving UK indie scene over here in the UK, a large part of that is down to the wonderful community here on the OR. Reading the threads on this site encourages me to paint more, play more and I've made some great friends through this little forum. I spend faaaar too much of my time on here on a daily basis, all due to the wonderful sense of support and community that thrives here - thanks to you all for listening to me witter on about toy soldiers, I hope we can all continue to do so for a very long time to come.

Special Uber-massive thanks to Dags, all the RIngwraiths and anyone else who's involved in the running and maintanece of this wonderful site, you all deserve a cookie.

Here's to the next 10 years! :D

Free SBG fanzine: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29569

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:23 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Dorthonion wrote:
I have a dreadful job (was a manager for 14 years and that was dreadful in places too), I have 2 Wargs, I have too many hobbies, buy very little GW as the prices are too high and Finecast quality is too unreliable (and the house will collapse under the weight), and with other family commitments I have little time BUT coming here, even for a few minutes most days, always cheers me up.
And I am working towards having a proper workspace/storage and gaming area to all my minis. Always look on the bright side of life.

Luxury.

When I was a lad, I had to work 26 hours a day at the mill paying the owner sixpence an hour for the privilege. When I got home, my parents would slash me in two with a hobby knife and dance on my grave singing hallelujah.

But we were happy, even though we were poor... :wink:

Never was there such a forum as this. Very little strife, amazing inspiration between members. It really is like a little family here. Although I've taken numerous breaks from the hobby over the years, I always know I'll be coming back home.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I've just had my 54th Birthday ( 29th January) and remember joining in April 2004 to help out my young lads ( now nearly 21 and nearly 24) get involved in the hobby.

Mu boys are now nearly a maths teacher and nearly a content editor for an apps company and their GW obsession was relatively short-lived.

This place has been a constant source of joy, occasional frustration and rarely sadness and I feel honoured to be part of this 'special place'

Long may it continue :-)

Azog

Forum Guidelines
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25260

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:27 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Many happy returns, my kids got me back into the hobby when GW started the FOTR minis, like yours they have grown and there interest was short lived.

Love this community

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3