All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:44 am

Post subject: The new forums
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:35 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Many of you would have experienced this forum software on other sites before, but for those of you who are new to phpBB3, let me point out a few new and useful features:
  • At the bottom of any post in the forums, you will see a little button that looks like this: Image
    Clicking this button will alert the moderation team to the post and they can quickly deal with it if there's a problem. Please, only use this for genuine problems of course.
  • When you're typing a new post, you can choose to 'Save' it, which means you can come back to it another time and finish it off. The post won't be visible to anyone until you click the Submit button.
  • You can also attach files to a post - very handy for attaching documents or images. We'll review the use of this over the next few weeks to see how effective it is.
  • Personal messages can be sent to more than one person, which is really useful! (and about time too!)
There are a whole host of other features that I am sure you'll find with a bit of exploring, but these are some of the more interesting ones I spotted.

Post subject: Re: The new forums
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:33 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Sounds good Alan.
Will you be able to make a list of the BBCode tags that we can use?
Also have noticed at the bottom where it tells you who is online that there have been some bots, see attached pic.
Cheers,
Andrew

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: The new forums
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:18 am 
Administrator
Administrator

The bots are just search engine indexing the site. They were always there in the past, but hadn't been identified under the old software. They just used to show up as 'guests.' Ignore them.

The new bbCodes will start appearing in the posting window as buttons. There's already four new ones [h1], [h2], [h3] and [center], and I'll add a few more over the next few days.