All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:02 pm

Post subject: Goblin Town Scenery
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:23 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hi

How do you guys transport painted Goblin Town Scenery?
Do you glue or click the pillars (when clicked is more easy to transport but mayby not that good for the paint)?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Goblin Town Scenery
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:44 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Depends on the means of transportation. When I'm going by car to get somewhere, I can safely secure my already glued pieces of terrain. If you have to go by bike for example, I'd suggest just clicking it in (if that is possible). So it's really up to you, what you deem the easiest way of transportation. :) + I don't think losing a bit of paint on those parts will cause any harm, since they will be hidden anyways, right? :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:00 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Amarthadan wrote:
Depends on the means of transportation. When I'm going by car to get somewhere, I can safely secure my already glued pieces of terrain. If you have to go by bike for example, I'd suggest just clicking it in (if that is possible). So it's really up to you, what you deem the easiest way of transportation. :) + I don't think losing a bit of paint on those parts will cause any harm, since they will be hidden anyways, right? :P

I always go by car. How do you store the scenery, in foam, old shoebox?
At this moment I think clicking them and store them in foam is the best solution, but mayby has somebody another great or better idea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:32 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

werner wrote:
Amarthadan wrote:

I always go by car. How do you store the scenery, in foam, old shoebox?
At this moment I think clicking them and store them in foam is the best solution, but mayby has somebody another great or better idea

I store them using cotton, but pretty much anything supportive will do.:)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:00 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You could use magnets to hold the supports onto the platforms. It would be fiddly and may require extending the supports underneath the platforms with a little bit of plasticard to fit the magnets, depending on how big they are, but it would give you instantly flat-pack scenery with all the combinations you want (as long as you use the same polarity everywhere) and no risk to your paint.

I use 5mm x 1mm disc magnets extensively on my 40K tank and dreadnought weapons, both for weapon swaps and ease of transport. They'd work as long as you didn't try to support a metal Balrog or Dragon (but just clipping the scenery together would be risky with large metal models too).

Last night I was fitting 2mm x 2mm cylindrical magnets to some Rohan Royal Guard so I can swap between sword and throwing spear arms. It was a pain in the backside to do, but worth it.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/The_Titans/index/