All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

Post subject: HQ’s LotR/Hobbit SBG Tournament (Belgium - May 6th 2016)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:17 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

HQ’s LotR/Hobbit SBG Tournament

What? Our second Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit tournament

350 points armies.
4 scenarios.
Random pairings before Round 1.
Swiss Pairings before Rounds 2, 3, 4.

When? Friday May 6th 2016

Where? HQ Gaming Club (5 minutes walk from the train station).
Gasmeterstraat 19. 9100 Sint-Niklaas. Belgium.

Registration Fee? 8€ (early registration) / 12€ (on site registration). Lunch (sandwiches) will be included. Drinks will not be included, but will be cheap.

Early Registration? Possible until May 3rd 2016.

How?
- Deposit on IBAN BE87 0631 9604 2994 , BIC: GKCCBEBB (Mats Clays). Please mention who you are paying for.
- Use Pay Pal (friends & family, so I don’t have to pay fees). Please mention who you are paying for. My Pay Pal address is Mats_Clays at Yahoo dot com
- Pay me cash when you see me.

TIME TABLE

09u15 - 10u15 Doors + Registration
10u15 - 11u45 Round 1
11u45 - 12u30 Lunch
12u30 - 14u00 Round 2
14u15 - 15u45 Round 3
16u00 - 17u30 Round 4
Prize Ceremony

May 6th is a Friday, which means the club will be open all evening. So if you like to stay and hang around a little longer, you are very welcome to do so.

PRIZES

There will be a prize table. Everybody will get to choose something from that table. The order in which people get to choose will be determined at random.

We like it when people play to win, we will publish the final results for bragging rights.
We like it even more when people play to have fun. Therefore we will give away the prizes in a random fashion.

We have been donated an “Escape From Goblin Town” box by a kind sponsor. We will break up that box into Thorin’s Company, a Goblin Town army, the Goblin Town scenery, the small Rulebook and the Radagast promo model. So that’s already five nice prizes to choose from.

Furthermore there will be some BoFA rulebooks, some official Lord of the Rings dice and some blisters to choose from.

RULES

We use the most current rules, which have been released by the GBHL community. Most people know where to find those rules, the others may contact me.

You don’t have to send in an army list in advance. Please make sure you bring a legal army.

Tom Bombadil and Goldberry will not be allowed.

There are no other restrictions or house rules. We didn’t run into any trouble during our first tournament. If we learn things, we will use them when we organise our next tournament.

WHAT TO BRING

Legal 350 points army.
Two copies of your army list. One for you, one for your opponent.
Three 40mm objective markers (cavalry bases).
Inch meter. Dice.
Appropriate rule books if you own them.
A system to keep track of your heroes’ Might, Will, Fate and Wounds.

SCENARIOS

Round 1: To the Death! (5 victory points difference needed to claim a large victory)

Round 2: Storm the Camp (5 victory points difference needed to claim a large victory)

Round 3: Lords Of Battle (10 victory points difference needed to claim a large victory)

Round 4: Domination (5 victory points difference needed to claim a large victory) --> make sure you bring some objective markers (size: cavalry base)

Storm the Camp is a scenario from the “Legions of Middle Earth” sourcebook. Different victory points will apply though. We will post them asap.

SCORE SYSTEM

At the end of each scenario, you and your opponent count all victory points as described in the scenario. Both players earn points based on their victory points.

Large victory: 5 points

Small victory: 4 points

Draw: 2 points

Small defeat: 1 point
 Post subject: Re: HQ’s LotR/Hobbit SBG Tournament (Belgium - May 6th 2016)
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:28 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

One day before the tournament! Here are some announcements and clarifications.

- The account number in the original post was wrong. If you wired me money, this will be bounced back to you. My apologies. Please tell me so on arrival tomorrow and you can pay €8 instead of €12.

- Storm the Camp adjustments
1) Your deployment zone will be 12" from your corner, just like in the Original scenario. But the camp you have to defend will only be 6" from your own corner.
2) Additional victory points can be claimed.
2a: Your General is still on the battlefield. The enemy General is no longer on the battlefield. 1 point
2b: You have more banners remaining on the battlefield than your opponent. 1 point
2c: You have broken the enemy force. Your force is still unbroken. 1 point

See you all tomorrow!
 Post subject: Re: HQ’s LotR/Hobbit SBG Tournament (Belgium - May 6th 2016)
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:31 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Why did I just now learn about this tourny! I am so close to it but did not know... and now it is too late to submit leave....