All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 pm

Post subject: Re: 300pt tournament in London
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:39 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Looks like everyone is beginning to like the idea of a good AND evil army, only problem with that is that we'll only be playing 5 games, perhaps the last game can be a matter of choosing which one you want to play with, regardless of your opponent?

Anyway, i have sent some pm's around to the pro's for some help with this, but here are some of the oaths i have thought up.

Merciful leader: The enemy leader is down to 1 wound and no fate by the end of the game (models who use their will as fate must go down to 25% of their original will)

Wasted potential: Slain an enemy hero/monster before they manage to cast a spell/cause a successful wound on a model.

Impossible odds: End the game with fewer models on the board than the enemy.

Girly tactics: Slain more enemy models with bows/magical powers/ranged special abilities than your opponent (models who die while under the effect of a magical power/special ability that either reduces their fight or attacks value, or knocks them to the floor count toward this total)

Men of steel!: Not a single one of your models is slain by failing a courage test once your army is broken.

What do you guys think of the oaths? I believe how they work is each player is given a set of 5 cards, each of which with the oaths printed on, at the start of the game each player chooses an oath, and -places it under a piece of terrain, at the end of the game, both players reveal their oaths to one another. You gain 3 victory points for completing an oath, and the following tournament points:
1 points if you completed an oath, but lost the game
2 points if you completed an oath, and drew the game
3 points if you completed an oath and won the game

Is this all correct? Can anyone correct me?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:40 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yup, Damian, i'm thinking we scrap the doubles element all together, but make it a single army affair?

Also, i have now made 'official' threads for this tournament on here and Last Alliance; i called it 'Close Encounters of the Third Age' because i thought it was fitting- hope that's ok? Do you have any word on how much this might cost Damian?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:29 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have a very cunning plan....

For matching players on the day, which will maximise Good vs Evil and make very quick change over between games.

The hall hire will cost us around £100 for the day. We would normally charge £10 per head for an all day event. If we start to see numbers greater than 15, we could potentially drop to £8 per player.