All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:39 pm

Post subject: Bilbo's Birthday Bash - LOTR GT in Chicago, USA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:27 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

It just occured to me that I've never formally announced....

We are pleased to announce the 4th Annual Bilbo's Birthday Bash. The tournament will again take place at the Chicago Battle Bunker on November 3rd and 4th. Over the course of these two days, players will bring both good and evil armies (that's right, a return to Good vs Evil matchups!) and will battle with 6 different opponents (that's right, 6 Games in 2012!)

Pre-Registration for Bilbo's Birthday Bash is now open. The per-registration cost is $50. The Registration fee will go up to $60 after September 14, 2012. Check out the Registration Page for more details.

In addition to 6 great games, we will also be catering lunch on both days. Please send me an email (via the contact page) if you have any special dietary restrictions.

We also have some great event Swag lined up in 2012 including Custom Dice (featuring the BBB logo) and giveaways from Secret Weapon Miniatures. There are also a couple of not-yet announced swag items planned.

Due to changes in the Event Venue and Games Workshop Tournament Circuit Support, the field size for tournament will have a hard limit of 30 players.

Note: As of the time of this posting, there are only 7 slots left for the tournament.

http://bilbosbirthdaybash.wordpress.com/[/quote]

Post subject: Re: Bilbo's Birthday Bash - LOTR GT in Chicago, USA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:32 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Awe man, now I'm heading back to college otherwise I may would've done the road trip for it. I guess the tourney will be using the new warbands rules.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:00 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

$50 (US) to play 6 games!!! I am so thankful to have people to play SBG with on a regular basis and for FREE.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:09 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I am going to make it up there next year for the 5th annual Bilbo Bash...sadly I can't do it, I'd love another trip up to Chicago.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:12 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Callan wrote:
$50 (US) to play 6 games!!! I am so thankful to have people to play SBG with on a regular basis and for FREE.

I don't want to debate the merits of tournament costs but you get more than just 6 games for your $50.

This includes two meals (lunch each day), a set of custom dice, a bottle of Secret Weapons Miniatures wash, and two other give-away items that haven't been announced. We also have trophies and prizes and (my opinion) some of the best LOTR specific terrain you'll find for gaming.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:19 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

BrentS wrote:
Callan wrote:

I don't want to debate the merits of tournament costs but you get more than just 6 games for your $50.

This includes two meals (lunch each day), a set of custom dice, a bottle of Secret Weapons Miniatures wash, and two other give-away items that haven't been announced. We also have trophies and prizes and (my opinion) some of the best LOTR specific terrain you'll find for gaming.

You don't need to justify the price - I am sure it is well worth every cent - its just a shame its so far away. I would love to attend. I may try and get it together for next year.

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:46 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I think it's reasonable. Whitewizard and myself are charging £20 for our event this weekend mainly to cover the costs of renting a hall for 2 days. That's a costly undertaking in London. We won't be giving away freebies for everyone that attends, but we have put a lot of time and effort (and more money) into building and painting the scenery for everyone to play over. Good luck with the bash BrentS.

Running events costs money, there are always overheads. They will vary depending on the resources that a particular club or group have available, but they'll always be there, so unless you charge people to play in your event your club will go bust.

@DMS. We still have spaces. London is much closer than Chicago.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/The_Titans/index/
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:31 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Damian wrote:
I think it's reasonable. Whitewizard and myself are charging £20 for our event this weekend mainly to cover the costs of renting a hall for 2 days. That's a costly undertaking in London. We won't be giving away freebies for everyone that attends, but we have put a lot of time and effort (and more money) into building and painting the scenery for everyone to play over. Good luck with the bash BrentS.

Running events costs money, there are always overheads. They will vary depending on the resources that a particular club or group have available, but they'll always be there, so unless you charge people to play in your event your club will go bust.

@DMS. We still have spaces. London is much closer than Chicago.

And I would be interested too - but I would need a little more notice unfortunately - I would be interested in future events for sure 8)

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:01 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I am happy that there are many who thinks $50 is reasonable for this event and the enthusiasm will motivate GW to keep hosting the event hence keep SBG interest going. Anyhow, good luck and have fun at the bash if you are attending.