All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm

Post subject: White Dwarf listings
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:27 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I went through all the issues of WD I had going from 2003 to 2010. I am missing some issues. But I listed all relevant content in a time line format on my home page http://sithious.webs.com/ scroll down two content boxes.

This will help if you are looking for an article, like the ships and sea rules, or profiles for unreleased characters, or a scenery article and template. I have limited access to scanners so if there is a template you need, they do have permissions on them so I can scan them for you most likely but it will take a few days (hey if you have waited 10 years you can wait a bit longer).

If you have issues I am missing and want to send me a write up in the same format then please do so. Also if you have some insight or rants on the issue then provide them as well and I will put them in to your credit (If you want). I would love to see what was in the issues from Fellowship all the way to where I started, so if you have them, let me know.

Since it is my Blog site, I did take some liberty and spoke my mind on some things, especially as we near the War of the Ring, I just could not help it, we are still paying the price for not buying huge armies like GW wanted us too. You can see it there, Price hikes start right at that release, and so do the unpublished prices at the same time...and immediately following that failure we see all support cut right off. It is very clear. From content in almost every issue to absolutely no content in a very short span. So, look at the positive, there is some great stuff in those back issues that you may want to hunt down or, pull out of your collection and look at again. enjoy and contribute if you can please and by all means.

Post subject: Re: White Dwarf listings
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:24 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks very much for this.I agree with your thoughts too...

I agree, I think WOTR whilst great in principle, and I had high hopes for it, was executed poorly... holes/inconsistencies etc in the rules that were not fixed...

Its failure, and price hikes as you mention / finecast etc, put me off the whole lot, and I went off and played other things for a couple of years... but Hobbit has brought me back to SBG, and I hope to stay a while...

But enough waffle from from me, thanks for the work you have done with this I'll check out your blog...

Cheers
Scott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:27 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Had a quick look.

Not sure if your blog is displaying correctly but its showing almost black text on a black background making it difficult to read. Wondering if you could alter the text setting?

Cheers
Scott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:41 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Big thanks. I have been looking for something like this. 8)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:32 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I will try to fix the text color with the next upload, I know I have some issues to add that a friend had borrowed that had some water rules and small craft for river raids, he was going to scan them but has not get back to me on that. Anyway I wrote the file in word so when I copied it the text was already black. an easy fix for next time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:15 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

LotR content first appears in White Dwarf 263(UK). I have an excel file with the LotR breakdown for all those prior to where your list starts. I can email it to you for the blog if you like?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Heck yeah that would be awesome, at least it would make the list more complete and I would perhaps know which issues I would want to pursue.

Still trying to make good faces btw, I am having trouble getting the scale right, just a tad too large most times, oh ad the fact that they are all ugly looking dudes, but if I can solve the first problem I can practice on the second one. :?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:38 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Yep heads are definitely the battle with scratch sculpts. You really have to do the face a lot smaller than feels natural because by the time you bulk out the rest of the head and then the hair it will be too big.

Did you receive the file I emailed you okay?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:24 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yeah I got the film, thanks. I have not taken the time to translate it to the format I have on my blog site.

I am still struggling with heads/faces. I probably should just PM you, Ha ha. Should I let the Greenstuff set up a little like I would with a cloak so that it doesn't give as easy? For me when I pull a nose it distorts the eyes, when I work on the eyes it pushes my cheeks out, when I work on the cheeks it messes up my mouth line, when I work on the mouth it messes up the nose again... It is continuous until I put it aside as a failure and decide to try again another time. But I still have to get some clay shapers that DeZartFox mentioned and see if those help me with these small details.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:51 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

You can do it in one go but as you say there is a lot of back and forth redoing bits you were previously happy with. I tend to leave the eye sockets empty and add them afterwards but some might find that even more tricky. Everyone is different. I also sculpt a face onto an already cured small ball of putty. That way there isn't so much movement.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:23 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Your index is great. I just happened to have some of the issues you are missing. I sent a pm