All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm

Post subject: Re: CaptainQuark's Campaign WIP
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:15 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks @Tylus! :-D Although once again, most of the credit has to go to the Contrast Paints :lol: They just make things so easy :)

I also just saw a magnetised Eomer on Instagram the other day, so its definitely possible!

Regarding my two Eomers though, here is a quick update:

The models are so detailed, and the white undercoat always shows up the detail really well. I almost don't want to paint them... :lol:

Once again, Contrast Paint basecoats went down first. Usually I then finish basecoating with regular paints before leaving the metallic basecoats until last. The armour got a basecoat of leadbelcher, before I then picked out all the red detail (I will admit, not terribly fun :roll: ).

However, I have Eomer now ready for the wash stage:

The wash has been applied and is now dry, so hopefully I will get to highlight the models and base them today! :)

I have also picked up my campaign from where I left off and have updated it with the first Two Towers battle report, so check that out if you're interested :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have finally finished the Eomer models! :D They took much longer than anticipated - partly because I was very busy with other things and didn't have much dedicated painting time, and partly because Rohan hero armour is so detailed :shock:

The un-helmeted sword version is going to represent Eomer during The Two Towers and at Helm's Deep, while I built the helmeted spear-wielding version to represent him during The Return of the King, primarily at the Battle of Pelennor Fields.

I am very happy with how they turned out; they are incredibly detailed models. Unfortunately, my photos are a bit darker than usual (I need to sort out my lighting situation for painting and photographing).

Let me know what you guys think :) Next up on the painting/building list are Sharku (foot and mounted), 3x Uruk-Hai Crossbows and some more Warg Riders, to complete the Evil Force for the Second Battle of the Fords of the Isen! Or then again, I might build and paint the new Bree models :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:01 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

>Let me know what you guys think

Those guys are gorgeous. I think I'm going to move my just-started Eomer models to the back of the table and work on something else, because mine won't come out that well. :)