All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 pm

Post subject: The dead had been seen walking...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:04 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Finally starting my evil spirit army for SBG. I'm debating about just how I will paint these guys, I never really liked the official paint jobs as I felt they had too much of a zombie like look when they are supposed to be ghosts.

I may do these guys up similar to the army of the dead ie green, or do them all up with that shadow grey like look that the wights and shade have.

The majority of my SBG armies are based on theme and scenarios, focused around historical events or what is known to have existed and happened in Tolkiens writings. Many of these armies are pre warbands and warbands, the actual lore dictates how those are created for me as there is a few issues with the current warband rules and accuracy that I've covered in other threads. I tend to work slow but part of this is due to the high attention to cleaning up mold lines on metal, as much as I love metal it's always been hell to properly clean cause to the time.

I do have a few things on the go right now, a long with a good bit in boxes too ready to be tackled at a later date. For now Im going to probably focus on finishing up my orc's as they mainly have their basecoats on and then move onto my uruks, after I finish cleaning up these spirits I will start the painting work.

Post subject: Re: The dead had been seen walking...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:28 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

My pure Arnor army which is of coursed based on my list in the army section. All are armed with spears, this is based on a smaller type garrison full of about 20 warriors of arnor and about 10 rangers, they are then split off into smaller groups to act as patrols with dunedain leading them and a captain.

Later on I may expand this up to about 50 troops, but the main point was even when ruin came out years ago, was to do up a garrison of Arnor troops to play prolonged battles against the witch kings forces. I've also got a ton of high elves and growing a Gondor army to ally them all later down the line so I can do some battles around fornost where they crushed angmar.

I will be painting these guys up in Gondor colors, as Arnor was a mirror kingdom and I'm pretty sure they would have used black, white, and silver over green. I know GW probably painted them up this way as they would look too similar to Gondor but that is not so accurate to what they would have looked like, I also like the fact they have more visible chain than plate vs Gondor that of course was down to PJ and Weta, but tolkien never really wrote about plate the majority of troops would have bean clad in chain mail not plate armor.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:49 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

That's a lot of metal mini's! I look forward to see what you will do with them :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:12 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Good luck with this project. :) Have you made any progress?

Current Project: Ringwraiths - Haradrim - Mumakil