All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:17 am

Post subject: New 28mm Castle Pictures
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:32 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

We recently used The One Ring to show off progress of our brand new 28mm Castle Modular Castle Kits. The kits are now complete and I thought I'd show you some of the fortifications you can build with the final products.

In the pictures above, you'll be able to see one of our unpainted designs. We created a huge Square Castle Keep, surrounded it with a Massive Octagonal Outer Wall and added a few 28mm Buildings to complete. The whole Castle has been made from Tabletop Workshop modular kits.

For the first time ever, gamers can design a unique Castle any shape and size. Want to make your Castle taller? Simply add more Tower and Wall middle levels. Smaller? Take the middle levels out completely. Tabletop Workshop Kits are designed to be glued into separate levels and each level uses the same clip and fit system. This means that like a Construction Set, walls can be built up to be as big or small as the creator desires. Want to position your figures inside the Castle? The parapet can be removed during the game allowing easy access to the inside. Simply station your figure next to one of our medieval arrow slits and reign terror from the sky.

Not everyone wants a square Castle. That's why we've designed the Tower and Walls to connect at four different angles through the Connector Sets. In fact, we recently set up a Castle Creation Centre (http://www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk/pa...lesrising.html) to show off our favourites. Our Standard Castle Set offers 3 Walls, 1 Wall Gate, 4 Towers and 4 Connector Sets. Add 2 Towers, 2 Walls and 2 Connector Sets to this and you have the ability to create your very own Hexagonal Castle! Furthermore, add 4 Towers, 4 Walls and 4 Connector Sets for a massive Octagonal Castle.

Unlike some of the alternative products out there, our Castle kits are made of hard plastic. When it comes to price, gamers can get a good chunk of kits for £100; a Standard Wall starts at £15 and Towers are available at £25 each. We also offer a discounted Standard Set which includes 4 Towers, 3 Walls, a Wall Gate and 4 Connector Sets.

You can find all of the details on http://www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk/

Over time, we plan to release more modular sets so that the Gamers can expand their Castles. We're currently working on the massive 28mm Gatehouse which is next in line!
 Post subject: Re: New 28mm Castle Pictures
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:31 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Damn, just when I decided to start Warhammer...

Awesome castle though.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:32 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

So I preordered a medium castle set, but couldn't resist playing around a bit.

This here was made through a combination of a wall kit and a gate kit, making a suitable culvert for the Deeping Wall. Three more of my wall sets will be dedicated to this purpose. It's all unpainted at the moment (well, in truth, I've somehow managed to find a spray paint grey that's EXACTLY the same colour as the unpainted plastic...), but will be painted to match the GW Helms Deep gate and rounded walls I picked up recently. A tower to connect them, and that's a nice HD set that can be disassembled.

And I turned one watchtower into a Gondor tower. Only been drybrushed the once, and needs lots of work still, but already it's coming along. I love the interiors. The scale is a bit on the small side for SBG minis, but not so much that it's a problem, I don't think. Wouldn't be much use for WFB or heroic 28mm figures, though.

When I get around to the actual castle itself (and replaced the bits I've experimented with) I'll try to get some photos done of it on my board. If anyone has one of the GW Realm of Battle game boards, I want to get it to fit nicely on the central hill that it made when you line all the mountain corners up in the centre. I think that'll be pretty cool.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:34 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Very impressive. These look the part and being to scale should bring you a healthy order list. I sincerely hope so, good luck.

mallysminiatures.blogspot.co.uk
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:49 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Great stuff, I really like the smart connections and the resulting versatility, well done.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:11 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Very impressive, not cheap, but very nice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:52 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Really cool. Would love to buy some!

2014 Backlog Oathtaker (3 points)