All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mapper - Gondor Commander
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:43 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Looks like an official mold. Looks nice and neat.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:59 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

gondor heads on the bodies of rohirum, nice. :P
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:43 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Great job on that conversion. Excellent work.
 Post subject: Re: Mapper - Haradrim Raiders
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:15 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Finished my Haradrim Raiders, next on the painting table is Suladan followed by Haradrim warriors with the goal of getting them done prior to Christmas when I will get the Battle of Pelennor Fields and all those figures to add to the unpainted pile.

The raiders

Riding out

Gondor responds

At the wall

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:19 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Absolutely fantastic! By the way, which gold paint did you use? I have the base Testors set, and want a slightly shine gild look, so should I do a silver/brown wash or just get gold paint for a flat sheen? You seem like the person to ask.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:26 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Cave Dragon, it's funny you mention the gold on the figures, it was the last color I added. I had originally had painted what I considered as woven armor a reed color, tan, a wash, then yellow drybrush. It blended too well into the horses color and I decided to go with the gold as GW had. Drybrushing the gold perked up the figures quite a bit.

Paint used was P3 Rucksack Tan, wash with Agrax Earthshade then drybrush with P3 Moldy Ochre. Finally I added a drybrush of P3 Rhulic Gold. I had started using P3 paints because I liked the way they flowed so of course the game store where I bought them went out of business. You can buy them online here in the states at the Warstore.com

Post subject: Re: Mapper - Desert Well
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:26 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The goal of finishing my Haradrim failed as soon as I wrote it. Too many oblgations/time restraints around the holidays.

Had a couple days between some guests leaving and going to visit others so I looked at what I had already cast for the gondor project and decided to make a well to add to the abandoned town near the outpost. Still will do some more tweaking to it after the holidays.

Need to work more on the driver on the wagon, had done him awhile ago and was never really happy with him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:03 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Very nice! I like how you did the shading and the wash, it looks very life-like!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:49 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

That is a really clever use of Osgiliath wall bits. I think it will make for a neat objective, especially with the jumpable walls.

Post subject: Re: Mapper - uruk hai bomb squad
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:36 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

What with the flu followed by a cold all in February and snowstorms, I haven't picked up a paint brush since I don't know when. My poor haradrim.

Not feeling like doing much, I've been cutting models off of spruces, triming mold lines, etc.

Had glued this mine squad before, just redid the model with the torch. Playing around on how I want to base them.

Post subject: Re: Mapper - Dark Marshall and his guard
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Word had reached Sauron that the Betrayer was building his own army and searching for an ancient artifact that would make him more powerful.

Summoning the Dark Marshall, Sauron tasked him to investigate.

The Dark Marshall called forth his personal bodyguard to accompany him to Harad where the Betrayer was.

I felt the Warriors of the Dead had too nice of detail to cover with one color, plus I never saw myself using them as given in the game.

Painting the Dark Marshall, I felt that they would make a great personal bodyguard/troop.

I actually enjoyed painting them, I didn't have any preconceived color schemes that I had to match or worry about, plus I didn't have to worry about painting eyeballs since they didn't have any.

Once I paint some more Haradrim warriors, I can have a better meeting between the two forces.

Post subject: Re: Mapper - Dragon!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:12 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Picked up a metal dragon at a trade show on Saturday.

Couldn't stand it not being put together and with the only thing missing were its horns I used some horns off the leftover tail I had bought for my Fell Beast, put the dragon together and used Army Painter Chaotic Red primer on it.

Don't know when I will finish painting it, it seems like an ongoing project where I paint a few scales at a time. But now it can battle my dwarfs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:13 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I really never have cared for this sculpt. I think the horns look great and you have a nice little diorama going. The other posts ahead of this have a story to inspire the models; have you created a story for the dragon?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:25 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

You caught me GKA! I usually do like to have a scenario/story going in my head when I paint figures or build terrain, but don't have anything for the dragon - yet. Maybe that is why I just have primer on it now. I did add some railroad ballast to its underside to become gold nuggets, but that is as far as I got.

I wouldn't have sought out and bought the dragon, but it was worth it when I could get it for a good deal. The horns just show never throw out anything figure related, just remember that you have it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:05 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Yeah, definitely slap some paint on him. Other wise he'll be the Big Red Dragon :rofl:
 Post subject: Re: Mapper - They got a dragon!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:55 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Feanorthenoldor wrote:
Yeah, definitely slap some paint on him. Other wise he'll be the Big Red Dragon

I agree, the red was bothering me.

Washed in army painter dark tone, then drybrushed with some reds and redish browns. Picture is a bit brighter than it is, might need to do another wash.

Summoned by the beat of the drums and the chants of the shamans, the dragon comes out it's lair to do battle.

They got a dragon!

At the show where I got the dragon, another dealer was selling a dwarf ballista at a good price.

Need to do a new stand to incorporate the ammo bearers

Post subject: Re: Mapper - Rohan Captain Conversion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:06 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Had an extra Boromir from the Mines of Moria set that was missing his sword arm.

Simple adding a rohan sword arm and head swap, now have a Rohan Captain.

Post subject: Re: Mapper - For Gondor!
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:52 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Blame this small distraction from painting Haradrim on Stewhr and his review of Gondor at War. Went back through the book again and thought of this simple conversion.

Just adding a lance from a Knight of Minas Tirith and repositioning a sword on a figure I had cut up for another conversion.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:28 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Both of your recent conversions look great! That is my one hobby weakness so I always admire seeing people who are more creative and confident in this regard creating cool conversions.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:40 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

You're right, Boromir makes a great Rohan captain. I'd never thought of that before, but I have the pieces, maybe I should try that, too. The banner bearer is a great simple conversion.

I forgot, I love the usage of the arch pieces in the photos. Too often I have extras of these.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 36  Next