All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:01 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dwarves and Goblins WIP
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:47 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Cyndra the Grey wrote:
The Moria board looks pretty good from what i can see, how big will it be?
Also just a little tip, paint black round the rims of the bases because it makes it look more finished if you get me. But I agree that the basing scheme works well.
Keep up the good work.

Cyndra the Grey

Thanks, glad you like it! The board will be 80 cm x 125 cm
And I'm planning of painting the rim light grey, the grey I used for the drybrush on the bases. so it'll match with each other and with the board :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:06 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Whoooo! I always get excited when seeing other people's terrain. The plan looks good so far, look forward to see some progress. Take your time on it tho, wouldn't want to rush you. This will be a fantastic board for your men once your done.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:11 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Drumstick wrote:
Whoooo! I always get excited when seeing other people's terrain. The plan looks good so far, look forward to see some progress. Take your time on it tho, wouldn't want to rush you. This will be a fantastic board for your men once your done.

Thanks Drum, always nice having suh a nice comment (:
I'm working on it as much as I can, will upload pics ASAP :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:05 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

can i ask what paints you use ? because you still really should water them down a bit, they just look quite thick, once alan has finished the site we will have our artical libarary going again and you can see quite a few painting articals that should help you out
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:46 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

looking forward for what it shall become :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:20 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

@ lotrCrown: I use paints that are called Revell or something like that.. they are indeed quite thick but I can't water them down 'cause the paint will get blurry and such.. I could use GW's paint I know, but I'm afraid that my army won't match with each other anymore and stuff like that.. :s so I'll keep these. Since it's safer. :p
@ Garmenhord: yes.. me too ;)
@ everyone: I'll upload some pics in a few minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:13 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

and here they are! :D
Sorry it took a little long but the uploading.. it was pretty slow :p
anyway, hope you enjoy!

and my special surprise is the metal FOTR set! I really like these models, my girlfriend bought me these, I'm so glad^^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:30 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Great work on the door, it almost looks exactly the same as the plastic one. The fellowship models are great (personally i prefer the breaking of the fellowship ones, but each to there own).
Is the door just made out of card?
Keep up the good work.

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:20 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks Cyndra, the door is indeed made out of cardboard, thin cardboard actually. If you'd like I can post a little article here with a few pics when I make another one? I'll need tons of them for the whole terrain thing. But that' s up to you (except when somebody else would love to see it as well. Just tell me, I'd be happy to post it.

And yes, I prefer this fellowship :p
I've ordered the plastic moria base for the fellowship in my local shop, they had it lying around so.. ^^ I'll pick it up when I go get my ordered mini's (wich includes the king's champion and some metal gobs etc.) so I think that this fellowship will look better on the base than the breaking of the fellowship box. I wanted this box because of the Gimli, Legolas and Boromir models to be honest, I think they really look great in this box!

ps: I wish you all a happy newyear and lots of luck and models for 2011. Keep up the painting and modelling lads and this will become a great year! :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:43 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Ooh yes please, a tutorial would be fantastic :D By the fellowship base do you mean the one with Balins tomb on it and holes cut in for the models? (the ones you could get from BGIME mags), because that is amazing that you can still get that, i thought it was discontinued. Anyway im sure you will do a fantastic job. I agree with them looking better on this base though. Well I'm looking forward to seeing them painted anyway, and have a good New Year! 8)

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:26 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Cyndra the Grey wrote:
Ooh yes please, a tutorial would be fantastic :D By the fellowship base do you mean the one with Balins tomb on it and holes cut in for the models? (the ones you could get from BGIME mags), because that is amazing that you can still get that, i thought it was discontinued. Anyway im sure you will do a fantastic job. I agree with them looking better on this base though. Well I'm looking forward to seeing them painted anyway, and have a good New Year! 8)

Cyndra the Grey

Very well I'll take some pics of it if I make another door, specially for you (feel honored now? :P) No no, just kidding (:
I'll be making some perhaps tomorrow, if I got the time. And yes, the base is the tomb, and it is indeed discontinued but the shop had it lying around and I told him to keep it like that till I come to pick it up together with my order. But that's for Januari I'm afraid :(

But now I'm going to party with my family :-D
see you later!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:17 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I didn't got the time to finish the door yet, sorry Cyndra, I'm working on it. In the meanwhile I started painting my Gandalf the Grey model, I don't have any idea on how to paint the hat, wich colour should I use? I tried grey but that was a little to light in my eyes, so I tried a blue wash but.. ooh well what colour should I use? Or do you guys like the grey hat? Also, I bought these little trees, covered in snow, 2 packs of large trees and 7 packs of small trees (2 trees per pack) as you can see on the pictures below for only 13,50 euro's:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:44 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

No worries Eothen, the tutorial isn't urgent. Where did you get the trees from?, they look good for the price. For Gandalf's hat I would suggest shadow grey or fenris grey if you are using GW paints, if not here is are links to them:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... GameStyle=
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... GameStyle=

The pics aren't accurate, they are much less blue IRL and quite a bit darker as well. And his hat is wuite blue anyway:

http://dragoncrush.com/articles/wp-cont ... andalf.jpg

The robes and the beard are exactly the right colours though so he will look accurate to the films. Hope this helps and good luck with him.

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:06 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

@Cyndra the grey:
Thanks for the links! I don't use GW paints, but maybe I find something wich looks like it.. I'll have a look around these days, or maybe I'll mix some of my blue I use for my dwarves with some white/grey, I'll try it and see how it looks, then I can still paint the hat that colour (:

I'm glad you tell me he looks like the film, I'm trying to paint my fellowship like in the films so they really look great! I want these to be special once they're standing on the diorama of the tomb. I'm only afraid of the hobbits, they have all kind of colours.. Frodo uses lots of red and brown and sam has lots of grey and blue.. I don't have such a big collection of different paint pots of one colour :p

And the trees are from Gifi, I don't know if you got that shop where you live or maybe it's just Belgium.. They only have them around Christmas time so that's why I got them. They do it for the last 3 years as far as I know. Hope this helps (:

Jorn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:45 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

little update on Gandalf
Do you guys like this one more? I think I do (:
Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:55 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

@Cyndra: do you want to see the door itself or do you also want to see it with the wall I made? (: it's up to you, but I have to know before I finish it all :p you tell me (:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:43 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Gandalf looks a lot better now with a painted hat. If it isn't too much trouble could I see the door without the wall please? I hope this isn't too late for it. I'm looking forward to building my own now :D
Keep up the fantastic work 8)

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:58 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Cyndra the Grey wrote:
Gandalf looks a lot better now with a painted hat. If it isn't too much trouble could I see the door without the wall please? I hope this isn't too late for it. I'm looking forward to building my own now :D
Keep up the fantastic work 8)

Cyndra the Grey

If it is - i think he will be just to happy to built another one just for u :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:37 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

haha :p no no you are in time, I dind't build the wall yet, it would take a little more time, that's all :p
I only have to glue the 'floors' of the wall if I can call it like that and then I'll write the article, oh well, I'll explain how to build it :p
but right now I'm having visitors, if they don't stay to late, I'll upload it this evening ;)

Kind regards,
Jorn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:52 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Glad to hear I am in time. Sounds like it will be a thorough article, I might have to build a dwarf hold myself :shock: :lol:
I have got visitors coming today as well so I know how you feel, but the bright side is I do get to play some 40k :D
Thanks for taking the time to do this.

My General WIP
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next