All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:00 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eaothen's Khazad-Dum WIP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:17 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Well done 8)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:40 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hello my dearest One-Ringers!
I'm back with some more pictures of my latest work. I've been painting some goblins and done some sculpting, so far I only took pictures of the sculpting, and the goblin drummer, I'm very proud on him! :oops: C&C welcome!
ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:45 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

:yay: Now get sculpting ur own scatch built mini mate :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:59 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Great work Eaothen! I've just looked through the whole thread, and you've improved a lot, so well done 8) Keep it up, and I look forwards to more from you 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:23 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Really enjoying your conversion work!! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:41 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks guys! It means a lot hearing those nice comments, thank you! :-D
@Garmenhord: I'll keep painting for now, maybe later I'll try it, but it'll only increase my backlog, and.. you've seen my models.. you know I should be painting instead of sculpting (or anything else, I shouldn't even be sleeping if I want to finish everything :oops: )
I'll try to take some more pictures later today, not feeling so well now, it's to hot outside, and in combination with my medicine I'm feeling kind off ill.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:47 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Ha lol one of those dwarves looks like he has been locked in the iron mask (man in the iron mask). Awesome sculpting and they should look great finished. :yay:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:16 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hello all, I'm back with some more pictures! I'll upload them ASAP, as my photobucket wants to work atleast.. anyone else having problems with it? It isn't the first time, it's reeeeeeaaaly slow, it frustrates me :-X does anyone have an alternative to photobucket? I've tried imageshack, which worked great! But I wasn't able to resize my pictures.. please help me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:05 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, it took me over an hour in total to upload the pictures and resize them, I'm glad I only had 13 pictures.. :?
But, after lots of shouting and cursing against my internet, I managed to finish my quest, and now I'll show 'em to you, my fellow One-Ringers. C&C welcome! 8)

First of all, here's my Gorbag (unfinished) for the painting challenge of this month. I think he looks okay, not my best mini so far, but, he's still WIP, so maybe once I've finished him, I like him better (the first picture is closest to how he looks in real life):
ImageImage

next up, my metal goblin archer, I know they're not very effective in the game, but I like the way this model is sculpted. He's nearly finished, just have to redo the base-edge. (and I see I missed a spot on his quiver :oops: )
ImageImage

Here's a test model for my blackshields, I wanted to make the armour stand out a little from the weaker goblins. I also like his cloak, I think I'll use that if I ever decide to paint my wargs.
ImageImage

two of my goblin spearmen:

and a bunch of gobs on my first (finished) movement tray! The white pieces are sheets of paper, lying around in the mines of Khazad-Dum (like in the Chamber of Mazarbul)

Last edited by Eaothen-the-brave on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:13 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Here are the Dwarfs! (All of them pretty much still WIP, but I'd like to show you what I've got so far) enjoy!

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:14 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Woah sb's been busy!

My favourite was the goblin archer, the base made the amazing pose look even better!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:33 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Whatevier wrote:
Woah sb's been busy!

My favourite was the goblin archer, the base made the amazing pose look even better!

Thanks! The archer's my favourite too! I really like the pose of him, I thought the rock was a nice touch to make him complete. I've got another one of these lying around, I'm still unsure what I'll do with him.. any ideas? :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:28 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Eaothen-the-brave wrote:
Whatevier wrote:
Woah sb's been busy!

Thanks! The archer's my favourite too! I really like the pose of him, I thought the rock was a nice touch to make him complete. I've got another one of these lying around, I'm still unsure what I'll do with him.. any ideas? :)

Hm, maybe put a bannerman waving a flag on top of it!
Or even a captain watching the tides of battle!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:23 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Whatevier wrote:
Eaothen-the-brave wrote:
Whatevier wrote:
Woah sb's been busy!

Hm, maybe put a bannerman waving a flag on top of it!
Or even a captain watching the tides of battle!

I think you misunderstood me, I was talking about another goblin like this one, the rock is just made out of cork :)
But I like the idea of a banner bearer, too bad gobs can't have one in the game.. I always loved the one in BfME2, were they had a banner on their back :-D
Perhaps I'll convert one, I should count my goblins, to see if I got some spare ones. (still have to put three of them on a warg for a marauder though.. it is a cunning plan.. :twisted: )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:39 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Eaothen-the-brave wrote:
I think you misunderstood me, I was talking about another goblin like this one, the rock is just made out of cork :)
But I like the idea of a banner bearer, too bad gobs can't have one in the game.. I always loved the one in BfME2, were they had a banner on their back :-D
Perhaps I'll convert one, I should count my goblins, to see if I got some spare ones. (still have to put three of them on a warg for a marauder though.. it is a cunning plan.. :twisted: )

Him, Mr Rock! Nah, I'm just stupid :oops:
Hm, maybe put a banner coming out of his quiver so he doesn't look identical with the other archer..
Or a flaming arrow, like the one's orcs used to set fire to ents when they attacked isengard..
Putting him on a warg could work aswell, but his feet are not in a very convinient position..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:24 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Whatevier wrote:
Eaothen-the-brave wrote:

Him, Mr Rock! Nah, I'm just stupid :oops:
Hm, maybe put a banner coming out of his quiver so he doesn't look identical with the other archer..
Or a flaming arrow, like the one's orcs used to set fire to ents when they attacked isengard..
Putting him on a warg could work aswell, but his feet are not in a very convinient position..

A flaming arrow eh? Mmh.. that sounds very interesting, I may try that, thanks! 8)
And I'm thinking of using the goblin archer with chainmail on his head, the one who's grabbing for an arrow in his quiver to put on a warg, together with two 'common' plastic gobs, those who are holding the sword in the air. But again, I'll have to count them for that, I don't want to have a space left in my movement trays (if I ever manage to paint them all though.. :oops: )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:38 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Great work Eaothen! :yay: Especially like the metal Goblin archer 8) 8) How did you paint the Blackshields cloak? It looks great 8)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:55 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Super work Eaothen! That last dwarf, is he metal? He's not a captain or anything? just a regular trooper?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:22 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

@Chris GoM: Thank you, I used Revell paints for my Blackshield's cloak, first off all, paint the entire cloak Matt 84, followed by a drybrush of Matt 89, the 'inside' of the cloak, the creamy colour, is also Matt 89. Now, if you use GW paints, the paintst closest to these colours are Ungor Flesh for Matt 89, the creamy colour, and Skrag Brown for Matt 84. (I looked these up on GW's site, don't know what they used to be called if they renamed them or something, haven't been using GW's paint for that long I'm afraid)

@Drumstick: Thanks! The Dwarf is indeed a metal warrior GW used to cast before the plastics came out (think they still produce them though). I've got between 9-12 of these models, all from eBay, you can find them there quite a lot actually. :)

Now, I've done some more work on Gorbag this night ('t was 3 A.M. when I got to bed I guess :oops: ) and I'll upload the pictures ASAP, but again, photobucket hates me.. :( and I'll have to go in about 30 minutes, got some back and schoulder problems. I don't know when I'll be back, sometimes I have to wait longer than they actually do something :? and after that I'll visit my grandparents quickly. Once I'm back at home, and photobucket has uploaded the images, resized them and fixed the lights a little, I'll upload them here. Besides Gorbag I've been painting some more armours, so nothing very special to take pictures of.

Cheers, and thanks again,
Jorn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:10 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, after spending some time on photobucket again, I finally managed to get my pictures of Gorbag uploaded!
I messed up his face while trying to paint his eyes and mouth, I'll fix that later.

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next