All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:04 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Last update of Radagast.
I'm quite happy with how he turned out. He has also given me a great chance to try out layering so my future minis should be a lot better.
The barrow wight is nearing completion, only one hand left, and I'll start painting him shortly. Thank you all for your support and suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:33 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

You've done a VERY good job on him, well done! :yay:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:53 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Thank you Ellesar.

Here is an update of the barrow wight. It was really bent over when I took the picture but when it is done it should be a bit more upright. The second hand has to be sculpted and part of the robe at the back needs to be smoothed. Other than that what else should I do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:44 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

radagast looks very nice. :yay:

About the barrow wight, are you going to hide the pin, paint it or remove it as you can see it clearly on the front picture.

really nice work on sculpting the hand 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:07 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I think I will just leave it, as you can see from the picture below it isn't very visible. Once I add the last hand I'll be done, I sculpted it today but only realized that I had sculpted a second right hand as I was about to take pictures. I plan on painting it similarly as before but I want it too look more evil and spirit like. I plan to make a quicker transition from the white to the brown and make the brown a lot darker. I had some thoughts on adding some green or blue to the white bits as well though I'm not sure how. How do you think that would work or would you suggest a different colour scheme?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:09 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Why not try the white colour GW does on their Barrow whites?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:50 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Great idea once again samoht 8)
Here are pictures of the finished sculpt. I not happy with the hands. I put a little too much of they yellow putty into the mix for the right hand so it hasn't hardened yet. I'm hoping that the paint will keep it from bending but is there anyway to make it harden or at least keep it's shape. As you can see was trying out something else but it didn't work out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:24 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Your skills are getting better and better.

This is very good indeed. :yay:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:45 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Yeah, it looks pretty good. Better colour scheme to the previous pic anyway! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:30 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Thank you both. It was a worrying jump from basic conversions to scratch sculpting, but I had to have something to do it art. I'm glad I did because it is one of the most rewarding things I've done, especially with all your help.
I've repainted the wight. I have some ideas of what I might improve but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say first, and what you suggest.

Once I've done this I will be painting a troll and durburz. I got a new table recently so I might add some terrain. But best of all, I got some green stuff so the next sculpting project should start soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:38 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've finished painting the troll after a morning of work. I'm really happy with how it turned out, now I have to repaint my first one. I can't decide whether to give it a rocky base or a more natural one. The rocky base would fit better with the rest of the army but I feel it isn't detailed enough. I have more fun doing the more natural bases but I don't think it would fit. Any thoughts on which one? And how might I make a rocky base more interesting?
Thank you all once again. Feedback on the wight will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:14 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I often use some sprue rubble or bark pieces for my Moria bases as broken rocks or such things. They look like they belong to Moria and add some detail to the base.

Nice scales on the troll, by the way!

-- Pasi
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:38 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Firstly I'd just like to say that the new coat of paint on the wight look 4 times better. Excellent work.

With the troll, maybe do a tiny bit more highlighting on his skin, but not too light!
With his base, I would make it rocky as it would go with the rest of the army. What you could do though is to make it a mix of rocky and natural.

Your painting and sculpting just keeps getting better and better. I am looking forward to seeing your future sculpting projects. :yay:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:54 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

GREAT improvement on the Barrow Wight! :yay: The colour scheme is VERY good, perhaps a glaze would just smooth the transition down a bit.

And VERY nice work on the Troll, the scales look super! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:11 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I forgot to say that you may want to do the trolls eyes and teeth :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:42 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I had the teeth and eyes painted but the lighting was really bad because I was in a hurry. I hope to finish off the base today but I'm very busy so I may not be able to until tomorrow.
Thank you for your comments on the wight. I'm really quite happy with him. I wouldn't have thought to paint it that way if it hadn't been for samoht.8)
@ King Elessar
Most of my paints are horrible when thinned, except the GW ones which should eventually make up my whole collection, which really limits my options. I've only gotten delven mud and badab black wash, apart from those two the only ones that would make sense to use on it would be codex grey, bleached bone, or deneb stone. Any ideas about what I should use? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:04 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Here is an update. The lighting is quite bad on all of these. the troll is pretty much done. The wight has been based but I'm not quite sure what a glaze is and how I should make it (see previous post) but I will add that when I do.

Here is a look at Durburz. I'm really happy with the metallics and the bright red cloth, it will really help me remember where he is. But the skin is really bad. I will work from a lighter base colour and use less wash. I'll also be adding codex grey to the "goblin" green as it is far too bright and the colour just isn't right.

Please leave comments and suggestions. I'll be quite busy during the next few days (during Christmas break :shock: ), but when I have the time I will act upon them and update you guys on any progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:38 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The Troll looks mean, nasty and nicely painted. good work. :-D

The white's base is very nice. He would be a great model to see on the battle field. 8) I just have to say again how much he has improved since his previous paint job.

and that Durburz is great! The metallics is definitely my favorite part.

You just keep getting better and better with each update.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how you add to his skin. I'm not sure of any suggestions right now but I'll keep it in mind.

Excelent work Dwarf Lord of Erid Luin! I can't wait for more updates!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:12 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Thank you samoht. I've fixed up his skin, the greyer colour looks a lot nicer and more realistic, now I just need to finish up one of his eyes. I haven't had time to get pictures up but now I have time so I will get some up tomorrow.
I plan too get him on the battle field this week :twisted: . My opponent has not idea about him or the spectres so he should still field a pike block. Just move a couple spear men and a three attacks turn to one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:43 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Ha ha, good plan :twisted: :-D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next