All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:01 pm

Post subject: Durin's Folk Battle Company
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:48 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

So my friends and I started up a Battle Companies league a month back. I'm playing some Durin's folk. Here are the models, I call them the Gleaming Sky Company for the blue and bronze. They're close to done, basing is really the last step.

My goal painting-wise is what I call tabletop+, which looks great at tabletop distance but also has faces and some texturing for closeups.

Post subject: Re: Durin's Folk Battle Company
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:19 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Nice to see some dwarves out of the mines and into the sun - good luck with your battle company - have you given the dwarves names?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:03 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Senler Firebeard (pictured in close-up with shield)
Wenly True-eye (bowmen)
Den Orc-Slayer
Gender Strong-arm
Tolnak Farsight (pictured Ranger)
Benly Biter
Bwarmer Steelskin
Dweomer Son of Greybeard (formerly Dweomer Greybeard, until he was lost in action to some Riders of Rohan - Pictured with 2-hander)
Anwin the Bard

Casualty list (rest their souls):

Render Blackbeard - Hero of the Battle of Four Companies (first game of the campaign we played a 4 person game. He killed 4 orcs and then got promoted to a hero, but died from 2 arm wounds only 5 games later)
Dweomer Greybeard - First-Lieutenant of the Gleaming Sky Company
Glane the Bold
Marik Fleetfoot
Irron the Deadly (An Iron Guardsmen who managed to die the first game he saw action in, a demoralizing blow to the company).

There some accents and such on the vowels but I'm too lazy to go look up some unicode character codes.

:D
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:49 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Durin's Folk is a very strong company, and I always enjoy playing them!

How many scenarios have you gone through, and how are they faring?
What sort of upgrades have you got on the heroes?

Are you doing any custom scenarios, or just replaying them same ones?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:54 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

We've started with the original 6 scenarios. We may branch out when they get stale.

The Dwarves have been a bit of a roller coaster. My Leut. got Parry and Deadly Strength making him a force. But, I suffered the worst Pyrrhic Victory ever when I beat Rohan. He rolled a 3 on the chart and half my warriors were sitting out. I couldn't rescue him so he's gone (Greybeard).

Senler Firebeard, one the original Srgts, has rolled 2 might points, defense and a Rally To Me upgrade. He's currently a D8 tank with a shield.

Wenly True-eye, the other original srgt, has 2 wounds, a might point, 3+ shoot, and Seasoned Archer upgrade.

Den Orc Slayer is an upjumped 2 handed original warrior. He's rolled an extra wound and an extra defense (D7)

Then of course Blackbeard, you can see his story in my previous post.

I seem to roll a lot of 1s for my dead normal guys. I've lost a Ranger, Iron Guard, and two warriors. But I can't complain, I've rolled 2 promotions to Heros with normal guys.

Our Rivendell player is running away with it. He's promoted so many guys to Knights. Hard for my stubby legs to catch the mobile archery platform he's created.