Unsure 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
Dislike them. 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Hate them! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: My house rules
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:20 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Spears(do jot need to fight theough an ally)
Hit on 2,3,4,5,6, and is worked out in the movement phase.
For each spear attacking guy, +1 to hit roll

Can quadruple the hits taken on model lying down and trapped.

Cavalry can continue moving if they win a fight. Work out fight after their side has finished moving, but before the next part of move phase or the shoot phase.

Spears and pikes
Spears have a range of 5cm, pikes have 10cm
Spears and pikes may roll to hit, but will not have any attacks to use in the fight phase.
1- spear or pike does not roll to wound
After spear rolls to wound, movement may continue. Spear or pike has strength of attacker, and uses that number of attacks. A cave troll can kill three guys with its spear.
Spear and cavalry combat occurs in move phase.

The mumak works out fights at the beginning of movement and the fight phase, retains attacks. Also, if it is in base contact it moves anyways, because it's a giant monster that doesn't care if there's a guy poking it with a metal stick. It does not need to back up if it loses the fight, the opponent does. The Mumak will continue movement after the opponent rolls to wound.

You may move onto the base of the Mumak. This is only possible if you are a cavalry unit.
Benefits
Add 1 to your roll when attacking the Mumak.
Disadvantages
The Mumak has six attacks to fight you with.
If the Mumak dies, so do you. Because it crushes you.

If archer's targets are within 6cm then add one to die rolls when rolling to hit. Still have to roll if barriers are present to pass barriers, but plus one still counts.

Cavalry
If a mount is killed, take it off the base and lie it down. It is now a barrier. If the rider is killed, take a courage test for the mount if it is a horse. If it passes, it remains on the field and can be mounted. Wargs can function without a rider.

Mounted models continue to fight through as many enemies as their movement allows, until they lose a fight. Turning more than 45 degrees counts as doible movement(1cm=2cm, etc)

Mumak and trampling terrain
Woodland copse-defense 7
Tree-defense 2
Small ruins-defense 6
Large ruins(not a complete building)-defense 9, 3 batter points
Building-defense 10, 4 batter points.

Post subject: Re: My house rules
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:02 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Have you ever tested theseon the board before? The whole fighting during the move phase and then moving seems like it would be really overpowered.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Nice to see it is still of use to newrrr players.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:02 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Wan Shi Tong wrote:
Have you ever tested theseon the board before? The whole fighting during the move phase and then moving seems like it would be really overpowered.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Nice to see it is still of use to newrrr players.

Yes, I have tested them, and it actually works out quite nice. All the matches I have played go well. Please note that only spear/pike, cavalry, and monstorous mounts fight during the move phase.
On a side note, I have had the game for about a year, but just found the forums. Always looking for a game, here in Danbury CT! :o

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Im hesitant about much of the changes. How does a game of this stack up to regular rules? Have you ever played a game with the same armies and scenario with each rule set to see how they compare?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:23 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Spike117 wrote:
Im hesitant about much of the changes. How does a game of this stack up to regular rules? Have you ever played a game with the same armies and scenario with each rule set to see how they compare?

Played a game today, found that points value of cavalry units will need to be bumped up(except the Mumak). However, it is more realistic, in my opinion. As for how they compare, spears play nicely now, as you van actually have a spear line in the front of your armies to hit cavalry and such before they make contact. The only bit I am still working on is the cavalry, but will probably make the pt value higher. Spearmen and archers make great counters, though. I understand being hesitant. I am also open to change. I revise the rules when I play. However, they have not had much revision for a while now, so I figured I could post them. Also note that the terrain defense was more for the Mumak's trample attack(of course, I can still chop down a tree with an orc).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:09 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

At first glance, most of the rules that you’ve come up with seem to be clever attempts at adjusting the current rule system. However, I think the problem that you’re going to run into is when you play games against other veteran players who are well versed in the official rules. And obviously that would extend to playing in any official tournament games in NOVA and other events. The rules of SBG are so complex in their own right, many players find that they are still learning little nuances even after playing dozens and dozens of games over a multi-year time frame. To then try to play a game with several somewhat significant rule changes would likely be quite difficult, not to mention it would be even more of a challenge playing against someone who is an expert in those “house rules”.

My humble advice would be to perhaps focus more on the current rules in order to give yourself more options in finding opponents. I’m just speculating here but I think that you may have some trouble finding opponents willing to play a game with rules that differ so much from the official book.

But all of that aside, I must also say kudos to you for creating some very interesting ideas and for your overall enthusiasm !