All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:57 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:06 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Obviously your 100's of games and tournament placings make you the authority on all things Mordor, right?

Did I say you NEEDED a wraith to win? Ever? No. They are, just like anything else, another option to take. They are a very cheap source of magic, and if you have magic when your opponent doesn't, that's quite the advantage. And never overlook that Harbinger of Evil rule. But if you want to put in another hard-hitting captain or troll or upgrade some normal troops to elites, then by all means, go for it, if that's how you want to play.

You didn't say you like to put your wraith on a Fellbeast- you said they were pretty much worthless unless they were on one, and that, again, is not true at all.

You stated they need to fight to earn back their points, and I respectfully, but entirely, disagree with you. I think Wraiths are a great asset to any Mordor force due to their magical prowess. And they also provide insurance or at least defense against enemy magic users.

You have your opinion, I have mine. I was offering them as a suggestion to the thread creator's problem, since an easy, cheap way to deal with a strong hero is a Wraith. They're worth trying out.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:49 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I am not disagreeing with you but if you read what I said...."I find them useless" unless they are on a fell beast. I guess its just because if I have somthing I have to have the biggest and baddest! :roll:

I love Mordor - I've played with Mordor for years, I still play with Mordor, beacause Mordor kicks butt! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:52 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
So use a 55-70 point ringwraith if you're having trouble with that pesky hero, Locust Scar. Transfix a hero, put in a Morannon Captain, and watch his Strength 5 lay down the hurt

I have an Orc shaman, so would this also apply to him? It's just that I'm not a fan of models that rely on magic as their primary tactic, and I'd rather have more point space for more troops.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:03 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Locust Scar wrote:
I have an Orc shaman, so would this also apply to him? It's just that I'm not a fan of models that rely on magic as their primary tactic, and I'd rather have more point space for more troops.

A Shaman's primary tactic revolves around magic. They just do it different than a Ringwraith. If you want your own troops to stay in the fight longer, then a Shaman is what you should use. If you want to take out pesky enemy Heroes like Boromir and Aragorn, use a Ringwraith.

And yes, it would be a good idea to post up what models you have to work with.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:27 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You want Shamans for the courage aspect of the Fury spell. They are almost a necessity for Goblins and highly desirable for Mordor Orcs. However, if you include some high courage elites (such as Black Numenoreans) and a hero with a high courage value to lead your force (Gothmog, a Ringwraith ect...) then you can get by without a Shaman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:16 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

About the shamans. They may use stand fast! right? to help warriors which are not of their race
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:51 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Shamans are heroes, so I can't see why not.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:55 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

ive taken sauron to lead my force he is awsome he may cost alot of points but its well worth it he is the best miniture in the game :D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:18 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You don't play many scenarios, do you?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:41 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

General Haar wrote:
You don't play many scenarios, do you?

Or comprehend punctuation...