All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:33 am

Post subject: Defeating the named Nazgul
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:08 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Umm so I have a question on a way to defeat a named Nazgul. I always have toruble. They have so many special rules. Does anyone have any tactics for them. If you want you can use specific Nazgul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

well killing them is actualy quite hard, i would try and play the scenario not just kill everything,

however if that is not the case, i would waste their will so that they are bannished, if they are in combat for a turn they have to give up a point of will! so just charge them with one or two of your guys and keep them buisy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:57 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

That would be the best tactic, or if you are playing evil vs evil, get a nazgul for yourself, or two, and start using sap will. See who runs out of will first :p
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:17 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

AndrewTheLordOfTheRing Wrote:
Quote:
or if you are playing evil vs evil, get a nazgul for yourself, or two, and start using sap will.

But it works two ways, if u can do it with a wraith so can they. so i woudn't do that
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:14 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thats why you have more than one. With 2 attempts to counter, and 1 sap will from a named ring wraith itself will only take 4 turns, less if you throw a orc at it for a few turns.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

but all in all, im affraid it isnt a brilliant idea
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:55 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well the only thing I have found usefula gainst a magic casting char. in this case Nazgyl is to avoid it with all cost (with the main hero, if any,I mean) and cut the numbers down since Nazgyl can't really do anything when the numbers are reduced... :rofl: and they are not very well protected either...

But one of the main things to remember is to kill the horse or mount Nazgyl is ridinf OURIGHT the mobility that is lost greatly reduces the efectivness of the mage... :rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:08 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

the thing i do to kill named ringwriths or any ringwraiths for that point is that they are hopeless in combat. Try get an army where your hero has lots of will but also you have as close to max numbers as possible. Also with the shadow lord's (i know this is being discussed in another forum) all you need to do is use legolas accurate shot and correct me if im wrong they only have 1 or 2 wounds and if the person has given them no fate then woolah there goes 120 points. This can also be used on any ringwraith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:54 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

i would actualy try keep heros clear of wraiths, then they won't be picked off.

the mouth of sauron has got it dead on! killing the steed basicly mabes them usless for waaay more turns, so doing that is a great idea
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:01 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Mhm I learned that on my "personal experince" when I was facing Saruman on horse and I havd Gandalf the white on shadowfax...although I didn't care for Sarumans horse HE(my oppononet) did focus on my shadowfax and even when I had blinding light effect he managed to kill the horsey as I was riding in front of his army casting Sorceros blasts...and then I was very " :shock: " when the mount got kill... :rofl: it was fun to watch though as the huge army of izengard is chacing gandalf in panic who eventually got to the good sides defence but not with arrows in his back :rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Like any other wraith. Beat them in the scenario you play. If you're playing to just kill 'em all, focus on the rest of his force until you can surround it. And as said before, if at all possible, kill its horse.

If you're building a list, don't focus onto one hero. A few minor heroes will mean that having one of them transfixed won't be such a big deal. And shooting could work. Hell, I saw the Shadowlord die to a volley once. Anything's possible.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:59 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Last weekend we wound a wraith by a volley of rangers. He only could survive using all his fate and might. (in the first turn). They only can get one wound so they be banished very quick.
They are not good fighters with only one attack while on foot and only fightvaleu 5 and not many might. Attack him when posible with a lot of models and some two-handed models for making the wounds. He will loss a wil point each turn or get banished by a wound.

And all the new ringwraith are a lot of points, 120+ that means there will be less evil warriors for playing the scenario. And most of the magic can only hit one model each turn and cost a lot of the wraith will points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:27 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

im not an expert on killing the nazgul, but if youre facing any of them (except the shadowlord), just fire your bows at them, volley if youre out of range. if youre facing the shadowlord, then ues legolas, if you have him, or just shoot at them, (volley is good) If youre facing the 'Undying, just get him in combat and make him lose will, till his banished. :D

and kill the horses first. :shock:
 Post subject: ty
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:29 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

thanks for all the help guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:41 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Against Khamul, take down his steed. Then if he wants to do anything in combat, he'll be wasting more will than he gets back, so he becomes almost useless.

Against the Tainted, keep him as close to your opponent as possible, so he gets all the disadvantages. If you're broken, stay very far away from him.

Against the Shadow Lord, just get in combat and you negate his main ability, though he does still have spells, so deal with him like you would any other Ringwraith.

Against the Dark Marshall, roll well in combat I guess.

Against the Undying, you won't be able to get rid of him, so just occupy him.

Any Ringwraith can be beaten if you give him too much to handle. It always worries me if I only have 1 Ringwraith and there are 2 critical combats I need to cast spells into, forcing me to choose one and potentially lose the other.
 Post subject: . . .
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:21 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I haven't actually played with or against a Nazgul . . but using common sense, it would probably seem best to send a few troops of to distract it (Preferably elves who can beat it in combat), and focus on the rest of your opponents army. The average courage for a named Nazgul is 6, so your gonna have a hard time from the Nazgul if you break their force. However I think it's worth a try!