All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:42 am

Post subject: Celebrían
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:57 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

When painting the new, Elrond, the monkey twins and arwen i realised that there is one member of their family missing: Celebrían, daughter to galadriel and celeborn, spouse to elrond, mother to arwen, elladan and elrohir, mother-in-law to aragorn, and grandmother to aldarion. naturally i decided to make a house rule for her. as little is known about her character i decided to make her a real helping character - she can cause very little damage, but helps her side out a great deal.

Celebrían, before her ordeal with the orcs:
F|S|D|A|W|C|M/W/F...|Points
6|3|3|1|.3|.7|1/4*/1...|100

Wargear
Celebrían carries an Elven knife (hand weapon)

Special rules
*The Lady of Rivendell: Wise and powerful, the daughter of Galadriel and Celeborn may expend one point of Will each turn, to employ or resist magical powers, without depleting her own Will store.

Enchanting Presence: the appearance of the Lady of Rivendell brings hope to those around her. Because of this she counts as a banner.

Lineage of the Firstborn; Woodland Creature

Magical Powers
Revitalise. Range 12"/28cm. Dice score to use: 4+. The presence of the lady of Rivendell brings hope to her allies. When this magical power is successfully cast, restore a single point of Courage, Might, Will or Fate to a friendly Hero. This may not be used to take it above the starting value, except that the caster can give a point of Might, Will or fate to Heroes whose original value is 0. Celebrían may not use this magical power on herself.
Renew. Range 12"/28cm. Dice score to use: 3+
Cast Blinding Light. Dice score to use: 2+

Celebrían, after her ordeal with the orcs:
F|S|D|A|W|C|M/W/F...|Points
6|3|3|1|.2|.7|1/3/1...|50

Wargear
Celebrían is unarmed

Special rules
Traumatised: Celebrían will never truly recover from her suffering at the hands of the orcs and would not inflict harm on another living creature so long as she lives. She will never charge an enemy model for any reason, though she may fight to defend herself when charged, but will not strike blows if she wins. Because the people who love her hate to see her in such distress, she counts as a banner with a range of 6"/12cm.

Mother:Elladan and Elrohir hate seeing their mother in such pain. when Celebrían is included in the same force as elladan and Elrohir they will automatically pass any courage tests they are required to take and may re-roll failed fate rolls, however they must always stay within 12"/28cm of her. if Celebrían is slain, the "unbreakable bond" rule applies.

Lineage of the Firstborn; Woodland Creature

Magical Powers
Cast Blinding Light. Dice score to use: 2+

Last edited by tirno.alyanorno on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:16 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Perhaps give her a rule for the time that she was captured and tortured by Orcs, might balance her out a bit more.

Any ideas for conversions? I was thinking of perhaps altering a Fellowship Galadriel ..

Nice work on the profile.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:19 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

thanks. this is supposed to represent her pre-trauma, as that is when she actually would be inspiring etc. i might make a post-orc-trauma one as well though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:29 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

tirno.alyanorno wrote:
thanks. this is supposed to represent her pre-trauma, as that is when she actually would be inspiring etc. i might make a post-orc-trauma one as well though.

Or perhaps make a special rule that she cannot Charge orcs, and if she is charged by an orc she counts as trapped, because of her morbid fear.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:17 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

or when in combat with an Orc or Morannon Orc she suffers a minus one to her roll to hit (like a 2handed weapon) but does not recieve the +1 to wound if she wins the fight.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:52 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I like these profiles as they are, nicely done.