All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:07 am

Post subject: Armies of the Hobbit Scenario Errata
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:59 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I noticed a couple of issues with the Armies of the Hobbit scenarios:

* In "Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Fire", Thorin is the only dwarf listed as present. He's the only one in the accompanying picture, too, but then objectives are:

"The Eagles must rescue all of the Dwarves before Azog is able to slay Thorin. The Orcs are simply trying to kill Thorin and prevent the rest of the Dwarves from escaping."

....which makes it sound like the rest of Thorin's Company should be present.

* In "Flies and Spiders", Bilbo is present in the accompanying image but is missing from the Participants list.

The Frying Pan problem seems like a simple omission, but I'm less sure of whether GW intends Bilbo to be present in "Flies and Spiders" or not. Any opinions?

I must say that I wish GW would go back to formatting the Participants as a list rather than a block of text; it would be much easier to scan.

Despite the above, the scenarios look like improvements over existing work and I'm looking forward to giving them a shake-out. The new Battle of the Five Armies scenario is just huge.

I still don't see how the Trolls have a chance in "Roast Mutton", though.
 Post subject: Re: Armies of the Hobbit Scenario Errata
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:05 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

* In "Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Fire", Thorin is the only dwarf listed as present. He's the only one in the accompanying picture, too, but then objectives are:

"The Eagles must rescue all of the Dwarves before Azog is able to slay Thorin. The Orcs are simply trying to kill Thorin and prevent the rest of the Dwarves from escaping."

....which makes it sound like the rest of Thorin's Company should be present.
Setting the scene, killing Thorin will cause the dwarves to stay.

* In "Flies and Spiders", Bilbo is present in the accompanying image but is missing from the Participants list.

The Frying Pan problem seems like a simple omission, but I'm less sure of whether GW intends Bilbo to be present in "Flies and Spiders" or not. Any opinions?
He shows up after?
I must say that I wish GW would go back to formatting the Participants as a list rather than a block of text; it would be much easier to scan.

Despite the above, the scenarios look like improvements over existing work and I'm looking forward to giving them a shake-out. The new Battle of the Five Armies scenario is just huge.

I still don't see how the Trolls have a chance in "Roast Mutton", though.
But seriously, I do not own this book, just my guess. :roll: