All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:57 pm

Post subject: Hobbit Models and the new rules.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:57 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hey,

I have only quickly glanced over the new rules though have not yet had the chance to work through them fully - should get the Pelennor fields starter in October/ November.

Might be obvious answers when I work though the new rules (once i get the rule-book and all) however for the time being I am very curious about these so here goes,

1. Old war-band limit was 12/0 ( unless stated otherwise in Hobbit SBG) now the war band limit depends on the hero tier respectively.

-When it comes to Hobbit miniatures (e.g. Goblin Town goblins) is the war-band limit 12 as per usual or are there other clarifications for this?

2. New rules have certain heroic actions available to every hero, and others listed to specific ones.

-When playing with the Hobbit miniatures I assume that all the heroes get the standard heroic actions and lose the access to more specific ones. Is this correct or is there an elaborate clarification for this?

Also from what i gather the update rules for the Hobbit range should drop in the end of this year ?

Kind Regards

Post subject: Re: Hobbit Models and the new rules.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:59 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

GW published a neat document to answer exactly those questions until that Armies of the Hobbit book is released:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-c ... bit8qi.pdf
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:05 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thank You. Much appreciated. Feel all the more happier for the Hobbit miniatures :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:45 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Mouth-of-Sauron wrote:
Hey,

I have only quickly glanced over the new rules though have not yet had the chance to work through them fully - should get the Pelennor fields starter in October/ November.

Might be obvious answers when I work though the new rules (once i get the rule-book and all) however for the time being I am very curious about these so here goes,

1. Old war-band limit was 12/0 ( unless stated otherwise in Hobbit SBG) now the war band limit depends on the hero tier respectively.

-When it comes to Hobbit miniatures (e.g. Goblin Town goblins) is the war-band limit 12 as per usual or are there other clarifications for this?

2. New rules have certain heroic actions available to every hero, and others listed to specific ones.

-When playing with the Hobbit miniatures I assume that all the heroes get the standard heroic actions and lose the access to more specific ones. Is this correct or is there an elaborate clarification for this?

Also from what i gather the update rules for the Hobbit range should drop in the end of this year ?

Kind Regards

1-Woses, warriors of the dead, and other Lord of the Rings models have remained the same, so I believe hobbits have. Note that hobbit heroes have had their tiers adjusted.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:13 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thank You, but I was referring to the miniatures from The Hobbit SBG range/era , (e.g. Goblin Town goblins, Azog's Hunters, Thranduil's Halls etc.) released under the previous rules.

Thank You though,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:07 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Mouth-of-Sauron wrote:
Thank You, but I was referring to the miniatures from The Hobbit SBG range/era , (e.g. Goblin Town goblins, Azog's Hunters, Thranduil's Halls etc.) released under the previous rules.

Thank You though,

Yes, but woses and such had the same rule, so I doubt it would change. Just have to wait for a hobbit book or something.