All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm

Post subject: shelob attacking cavalry
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:41 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

In a game the following question came up: Shelob attacked a knight of Minas Tirith. She has this special rule, that in case she made an attack she is treated like monsterous cavalry. But then in the movement phase of the good side other knights of MT joined the melee with Shelob. Does Shelob then still has the bonus attack?

if normal cavalry is attacking infantry, and then other infantry models come and charge the rider, the bonus attack from the original charge will be preserved. Only if it is enemy cavalry joining the melee the bonus is lost.

But how is it with Shelob as first attacker? She certainly is no proper cavalry (no rider), but in analogy to normal cavalry?

Thanks for writing how you would play it!
 Post subject: Re: shelob attacking cavalry
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:25 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Monstrous cavalry, and things that are treated as such, interact with regular cavalry as if they were infantry so Shelob would retain the bonuses from her charge even if she was counter charged by a footman or a rider. Only other monstrous cavalry type units, which treat each other in the same way regular cavalry would treat other regular cavalry, could remove the charge bonus from Shelob with a counter charge.

Post subject: Re: shelob attacking cavalry
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:25 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thank you for answering my question. What you have described was indeed the way we played it (Shelob was in my army), but my opponent was not totally convinced, that we were following the rules in doing so. Now I'm glad that everything was correct and it was a fair game.