All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

Post subject: standfast question
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:30 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

a few months ago i had a problem (that i forgot to ask here and now remembered) with a scenario that ends at 25% army left that my opponent decided to not use the stand-fast role on his captain first and did his troops courage instead to try and fail there roll to reduce his troops purposely to hit the 25% win mark so he can win when the turn ended (he had the VP needed to do so).

now i cannot find it were it says that a captain must take his courage first or not so i wasn't sure at the time and just let him have the win since i wasn't in the mood to argue at the time.

so my question is does a captain have to do his stand-fast roll before any troops?
 Post subject: Re: standfast question
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:43 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Here's the rule wording:

"Warriors do not have to take their Courage test for their force being Broken if there is a visible friendly Hero within 6" who has already taken and passed his Courage test (including those Heroes that pass this test automatically because of a spell or special rule) that turn. To benefit from this rule, players must test and move their Heroes before testing for ordinary Warriors. ....."

It does say players must test and move Heroes before ordinary warriors, but it's also worded with "to benefit from this rule" and is preceded earlier in the paragraph by "Warriors do not have to take...."

So while cheesy, this sounds like it's optional, not mandatory.
 Post subject: Re: standfast question
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Its definitely optional, if you wish to take your Warriors' Courage Tests before your Heroes' you are very much permitted to do so. Hope that helps!

Free SBG fanzine: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29569