All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 pm

Post subject: Beast of Gorgoth
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:03 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I used him for the first time in a match today.
Q - When shooting into my own combat with the passengers, does the Beast count as in the way as in normal firing into combat?

Q - When the beast is slain, I roll on the thrown rider chart for each, and also roll to see if they take a wound for being within range of the beast, but do I also take fall damage in addition of those two rolls?
For example the opponent used three might to secure a death of the creature and all 10 riders rolled thrown rider rolls, then all ten rolled to see if they took a hit from the beast dying, then I had to also roll 2 dice of fall damage for each and that cost me another two troops. Just want to make sure that is expected as it seams like a lot of rolls with luck totally against those guys making through al three rounds of it.

Post subject: Re: Beast of Gorgoth
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:11 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This may have been answered by now, but for further people looking for answers.

Q1 answer: Out of fairness if the great beast is engaged and you wish to shoot the model it is engaged with count the great beast as in the way. This represents the model ducking and diving to avoid the beasts attacks and the orcs not being that great at aiming on a swaying creature.

Q2 answer: The models on top of the howdah would have to take just the hit from the collapsing beast and a thrown rider test for each. There's no need to take fall damage aswell as this is represented by the fallen rider test. That's a guaranteed hit and another potential one from the thrown rider chart.