All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

Post subject: Elladan and Elrohir rule
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:29 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I was play a game with them and surprise Aragorn butchered a twin I think Elrohir so Elladan dismounted to get around train and models to try a reach Aragorn was this correct?
 Post subject: Re: Elladan and Elrohir rule
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:09 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Aragorn also slaughtered Elrond first everyone which led to these revenge tactics. Just had to mention it. They were then avenged by Elladan as Aragorn was struck down in a series of stabs to the torso and face. Then a dragon showed up. Good game.

I honestly think this rule is a huge downfall of the twins. If they dont use their might early and get separated the living one becomes almost useless.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:56 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

LordoftheBrownRing wrote:
I honestly think this rule is a huge downfall of the twins. If they dont use their might early and get separated the living one becomes almost useless.

Well, that's the whole point, isn't it? Compare them to taking two captains - they effectively get a Might, Will and Fate (each), as well as their fancy fighting styles (more often than not basically an extra attack) as a trade-off for that rule. Without a downside, they'd be underpriced by 40-50 points (for the pair). Now, well, you just have to be careful when playing them. And hope one of the pair doesn't get killed by either something very fast or something very tough.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:01 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
LordoftheBrownRing wrote:

Well, that's the whole point, isn't it? Compare them to taking two captains - they effectively get a Might, Will and Fate (each), as well as their fancy fighting styles (more often than not basically an extra attack) as a trade-off for that rule. Without a downside, they'd be underpriced by 40-50 points (for the pair). Now, well, you just have to be careful when playing them. And hope one of the pair doesn't get killed by either something very fast or something very tough.

Yes, and no. I agree with most of what you said but they also arent that undercosted. Keep in mind, for values of a Captain, yes you can take two more powerful models instead of two captains but they also are forced to basically be a warband leader that costs as much as Boromir Captain of the White Tower in an already low model count elven army. Probably better in arnor.....I mean I give that comparison because honestly in a tournament setting someone would be ridiculous to not take them with horses and heavy armor....

But yes they have much better profiles than two elven captains easily even on foot. The thing is though, Ive seen 3 battles with them where one died and the other threw himself into harms way and either wasted his might and abilities or perished quickly. I guess basically....just like all high elves they need to be finessed in and played carefully. I think theyre best suited overall to be thrown in arnor and grouped with some Rangers of the North or thrown in a group of knights of rivendell so they have people around them to help out.