All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Post subject: Hurl question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:31 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

If a monster hurls a mini into a single warrior and that warrior is in base contact with someone else (friend or foe) are both minis knocked prone? Does the projectile then take 2 str 3 hits or just one? Lastly, if the projectile hits a solid object, do they take a str 6 hit from the hurl and from the sudden stop or just 1 str 6 hit?
 Post subject: Re: Hurl question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:49 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

jdizzy001 wrote:
If a monster hurls a mini into a single warrior and that warrior is in base contact with someone else (friend or foe) are both minis knocked prone? Does the projectile then take 2 str 3 hits or just one? Lastly, if the projectile hits a solid object, do they take a str 6 hit from the hurl and from the sudden stop or just 1 str 6 hit?

Only the models hit by the thrown warrior are knocked prone. For each models the thrown warrior hits upon the way he takes a S3 hit, as well as a single S6 hit jus for being thrown. As for hitting a solid object... I am not sure if its right, but we play it as that you takes 2 S6 hits (plus however many S3 hits for each model you go through, if any), one for the throw and one for hitting the solid object
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:58 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Just checking because sorc blast knocks over everyone in base contact
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:15 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

jdizzy001 wrote:
Just checking because sorc blast knocks over everyone in base contact

I've never faced Sorcerous Blast so I wouldn't even know what it does. As for Hurl... I love it, I use it on a regular basis, so I am pretty fluent in how it works.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:23 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Sorc blast is a watered down version of hurl. It would have been fine to mimic hurl with sorc blast, but for some reason, GW amped it up.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:58 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

the str 6 hit is represented for him being hit hard to the ground/other model/wall ect so the person being thrown wouldn't take a extra hit and being faced with str 3 hits x the amount he goes though an the str 6 hit as well he has a really low chance of dying.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:06 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Sorry, but your post was a bit confusing. Let's break it down. Mini is hurled, flies through 2 allies, then hits a wall.
Does he take a str 6, two str 3s and a second str 6 for hitting the wall? Or does he take two str 3s and a single str 6?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:27 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

S6 for being thrown, S3 for every model he passes through, S6 for hitting a S6+ model or an obstacle. The S6+ model or obstacle also suffer a S6 hit. A S6 model will not be knocked down by the Hurled model, though every other model the Hurled model passes through will be.

Hurl is balls-to-the-wall.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:39 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

artlessmammet wrote:
S6 for being thrown, S3 for every model he passes through, S6 for hitting a S6+ model or an obstacle. The S6+ model or obstacle also suffer a S6 hit. A S6 model will not be knocked down by the Hurled model, though every other model the Hurled model passes through will be.

Hurl is balls-to-the-wall.

To expand on my knowledge of Hurl, I have a specific question: Is a monster, using Hurl, allowed to hurl an opposing model down the skirmish line (either to the left or right), thereby knocking down only opposing models that are engaged in combat?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:31 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Do we have a consensus as to how hurl works? I have 3 people offering up 3 interpretations.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:46 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

jdizzy001 wrote:
Do we have a consensus as to how hurl works? I have 3 people offering up 3 interpretations.

1-Where you throw the model and its base is where the people get struck. I.e. if you're in combat with the enemy you can choose to throw it through the enemy to where he gets knocked down and your troop remains standing.

2-takes a hit for every model ran through.

3- Only one strength 6 hit as the book states its for 'when his movement ends' not how.