All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:59 am

Post subject: Combat Mimicry
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:51 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The question is related to Knight of Umbar and spcifically his special rule Combat Mimicry. This special rule states that KoU can copy any of FV,S,A from an enemy he is fighting to....

But for an instance if, lets say Eledil, gets Transfixed, this would mean he (Elendil) has only 1 attack and a FV of 1 for that battle, does that mean KoU fights with 1 attack or does he get 3, as the the actual profile fetures...?

Im for one that he can mimic Eledil´s 3 attacks and FV of 7 because Trnasfix only affects him, it doesn´t change the profile of the whole model. But I would be humbeled to hear your thoughts... :rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:29 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hm, good question. I don't have my rulebook handy, so I can't say for sure (I'd want to see the wording on Transfix), but my inclination is to say that the Knight of Umbar would just use his own stats, instead.

My reasoning is that a) Combat Mimicry kicks in at the beginning of the Fight phase, at which point Elendil's FV and A are already effectively a 1, and b) the rule specifies that switching stats is optional. The intent here seems to be that you would only borrow your opponent's stats if he's better, making the Knight of Umbar equal with his opponent, unless the Knight of Umbar's base stats are naturally better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:17 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Whatever the targets stat is when its being used, use that. The character is mimicking the target so his mimicked stas will go up and down to,
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:30 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Okey ;) I had something similar, but was hoping for something more "brutal" ah well, guess "Transfix - Monster crush" tactic for him them :rofl: