All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 pm

Post subject: Opening a gap when trapped question.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:52 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

This could possibly be a stupid question, just trying to work out on page 29 of the rule book where it says in the Trapped Fighters section that "The defeated model must be moved back as far as possible so that enemies are no longer touching - if necessary other models, even the very enemies that are trapping it, must be moved slightly to make sure there is a gap."

A couple questions:

1. I assume this is so that you can't be trapped at the beginning of your turn if you win priority?

2. Who has to move the models? The person with priority or the person who won the fight? I ask because if I have a guy surrounded with three of my own troops, I'd rather open a gap towards the rest of my force rather than allowing a gap back towards his.

3. What if the combat is all so closely packed that you'd have to move a model behind another model in order to make a gap? Note, not talking about friends making way, rather enemies having to shift after winning the combat to make way for the loser.

Thanks heaps, sorry if I've misunderstood something simple!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:17 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I don't think the gap has to be very big, just big enough that you can see that they are no longer touching. I think the rule is there so it is clear who has fought, and in the next turn, who has charged. A few mm should be enough.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:32 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

You are only trapped if you loose a combat and cannot move back at least 2cm/1in. If you loose you move your warrior back. Only your models not in combat can "make way." A model cannot make way for a model making way so if there is a model in the way of the model making way he cannot move so unless the model making way can move elsewhere the original model is trapped. Models that have fought but are no longer in a fight can make way for their allies not their enemies. I hope that helps.