All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 am

Post subject: Bat swarms halve fight value repeatedly and forever??
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:17 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I'm a little unsure on the 'blinding swarm' rules for bat swarms.

1. If you're in combat with a bat swarm is your fight value halved permanently for the rest of the game or only for that fight?

2. If 1 is yes then when you fight the same model with a bat swarm a second time will the fight value be halved again?

If both are yes then Aragorn will be fight value 1 in two turns of fighting versus a bat swarm. (fight one: halved to 3, fight two halved to 1 1/2 which is then rounded down to 1)

3. the rule says 'The fight value of any enemy model in base contact with a bat swarm is halved (round fractions down)' Does any model mean you pick one model to be affected or all enemy models in the fight?

Sorry if this seems like nit-picking but I like to know the specifacations as I don't want to play the rule wrong and then have to explain it to my main opponent who is pretty young. I am not trying to power game, just trying to understand the rules properly.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:19 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I believe that every model in base contact is affected as long as it is in base contact, seems pretty overpowered otherwise, it's how we at our GW play in every case

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:48 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

That's how I was thinking it would work other wise it would be WAY over-powered, :o but you never know with GW. :x :no:
Though it would be nice to know if anyone else agrees/disagrees. 8)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:52 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

theavenger001 wrote:
That's how I was thinking it would work other wise it would be WAY over-powered, :o but you never know with GW. :x :no:

With this game I'd have to disagree, they've done a great job of balancing. Can't speak for Warhammer though.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:02 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

whafrog wrote:
theavenger001 wrote:

With this game I'd have to disagree, they've done a great job of balancing. Can't speak for Warhammer though.
I agree that GW has done a good job balancing, mostly. With the exception of the new abrakhan (sp?) guard, (nice models but no penalty 2 handers?) the knight of umbar, (ughh overpowered) and prowlers being too cheap as well as the woefully underpowered Rohan.

I will play it as 'Adanedhel' said he does, Thanks! :-D :D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:45 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

theavenger001 wrote:
whafrog wrote:
theavenger001 wrote:

I agree that GW has done a good job balancing, mostly. With the exception of the new abrakhan (sp?) guard, (nice models but no penalty 2 handers?) the knight of umbar, (ughh overpowered) and prowlers being too cheap as well as the woefully underpowered Rohan.

Is this SBG or WotR related?

I can't find the rules on the GW website for the knight of umbar nor the abrankhân guard regarding SBG...They seem to only have WotR stat lines.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:01 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Suladans Chosen wrote:
theavenger001 wrote:
whafrog wrote:
theavenger001 wrote:

Is this SBG or WotR related?

I can't find the rules on the GW website for the knight of umbar nor the abrankhân guard regarding SBG...They seem to only have WotR stat lines.
the november wd has the profiles. they're just released (so they're not on the site yet)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:08 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Ah, thanks!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:28 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

All enemy in a fight with the bats that turn have their Fight value reduced for that fight.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:34 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hithero wrote:
All enemy in a fight with the bats that turn have their Fight value reduced for that fight.

And it does not stack for each bat swarm (let's say two swarms against one enemy captain)?