All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:45 am

Post subject: Question about thrown weapons
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:29 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Ok so I play an Isengard army, and while I was looking through the army list I noticed something. Certain formations have fight values that include accuracy, but aren't equipped with, and don't have the option for, thrown or ranged weapons like bows. A couple examples would be Uruk-Hai Berserker Wardband (F 5/4+) and Feral Uruk-Hai (F 5/4+) Now nowhere does it say that these have thrown weapons in their profile, or that they can take bows, but then why have the accuracy stat? This wouldn't be a problem were it not for the fact that some formations that are the same way (I.E. it doesn't say they have thrown weapons or the option to take bows) have a fight value that looks like this (3/-) This is from the Wild Men of Dunland. I've noticed it's not just in the Isengard list, but quite a few different places both on the good and bad sides. So here's the question.
Since certain formations have the accuracy stat, but no mention of ranged weapons do you think

A.) They have thrown weapons to go with the accuracy, but it wasn't mentioned in their wargear?
or
B.) The inclusion of an accuracy value was accidental, and those that have it without ranged weapons would still only be considered as having the weapons they are listed with?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:04 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

This is a common error in SBG too, just ignore the shoot value if missile weapons are not listed.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:33 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hithero wrote:
This is a common error in SBG too, just ignore the shoot value if missile weapons are not listed.
I thought it was included in SBG because you could pick up equipment during scenario play and therefore could have a bow if you took it from a fallen model. Obviously this is not allowed in tournament play.

As for WOTR. Hithero has the same answer I do.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:24 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

But this was about Wotr and I agree with hithero, answer B