All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:55 pm

Post subject: Watcher pulling units next to a bat
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:47 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Can the watcher in the water pull units into it in a way that it has already bats next to the watcher so they automatically join the battle.

Just an example, but let,s say that enemy has a balrog, i have the watcher and a lot of goblins and a couple bats. If i throw tentacle and pull balrog next to me and a bat happens to be next to the balrog touching it, does that mean that the bat automatically joins the fight in the fight phase?
 Post subject: Re: Watcher pulling units next to a bat
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:46 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Please answer this is important! Thank you a lot in advance!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:08 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hi Salattu, I just read about the watcher in the rules manual. The pulling has to be in direct line, so ist will be difficult to position the bat swarm correctly. If there no space to put the Balrog in baxe contact, there wil be no pulling. And if the bat swarm is to far away, so that there ist no base contact witht the Balrog, they will not be part of the fight. If you can make all fitting, then in may opinion, a bat swarm in base contact is part of the melee. But it seem nearly impossible to me, to get everything fitting.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:10 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Thank you a lot for answer!

So, what if you place a bat in front of the watcher, like straight between the enemy balrog and your own watcher? Do you then pull the enemy in base contact to the watcher by shortest road possible going around the bat, so the nearest position happens to be next to the bat?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:13 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well, this plan will work, that's my opinion. Pulling moves a model over the heads of other figures, in this case over the swarm.

The very exact placement of the bat swarm will be the key to success. If it ist misplaced by 1 mm odr even less, then either the Balrog cannot be pulled into base contact because there ist not enough space, or the bat swam is not part of the melee.

Maybe you could use an empty base of Balrog size for the placement of the swarm.