All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 pm

Post subject: Creating my First Army List
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:06 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Greetings!
I am a fairly new player of the MESBG. I've been asked to put together an 600 Point Army together to discuss on a Podcast I subscribe to. Here in New Jersey I haven't had much luck finding SBG players, but I have managed to play at least once a month for about 4 times at my local game shop where I play some scenarios. I haven't put a formal Army List together yet and I was hoping the veterans here can answer a question. This is what I have:
Aragorn/Strider
Legolas Greenleaf
The King of the Dead
Herald of the Dead with shield
9 Warriors of the Dead with Shield
My question is this: Is this a valid army?

Intentionally at your service,
Estel777
 Post subject: Re: Creating my First Army List
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:52 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hey there! Welcome to the forum and the hobby. I moved your topic to the beginners section to make sure it draws the sort of people that can best help you. I also removed the individual unit point costs as the forum prohibits the posting of those numbers on account of some legal action GW threatened years ago.

As to your question, I will stay that you've got the components for several legal 600pt match play lists. I'm not sure if you have copies of the rule book yourself yet but match play lists are constrained by factions, warbands, hero tiers, the alliance matrix. With the models you've got you could field Legolas and Aragorn from the Fellowship faction and ally The King of the Dead, Herald of the Dead, and warriors of the dead from the Dunharrow faction. The warriors of the dead would need to be attached to the retinue, or warband, of one of the heroes from their same action up to a certain limit depending on the tier of the hero. Either the King or the Herald could lead all nine warriors or you could split them up between the two heroes.

The way you could run these models is in a Legendary Legion, a special faction roster from a particular moment in the books or films. The Legion you'd be using is called the Return of the King and has the Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli, plus the heroes and warriors from Dunharrow. Taken this way the three hunters can lead warriors of the dead and you gain some other special rules for characters in the army. I would recommend running them it the Legion for this reason.

Post subject: Re: Creating my First Army List
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:29 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks so much! I do have the books and I think I'm deceiving myself by believing that I have read them thoroughly. I will certainly go that route. I am using the Army Building List tool that was posted here and I do see the Legendary Legion Army list. I hope this will be acceptable to my opponent when we are the call this Sunday.