All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 pm

Post subject: Azog's Hunters and Legion army lists
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:18 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Personally I find the way the rule rule book is structured to be difficult and hard to locate all the info for a problem. I did get the chance to talk to Jay about this, but a re-write to my specifications may be a while :-)
So, if I'm missing the obvious, please bear with me.

In Heroes & Warriors Of Middle Earth, Azog & Bolg appear in the army lists for both Azog's Hunters & Azog's Legion.
In the new rules manual pictorial army lists they don't appear in Azog's Hunters. Neither do Hunter Orcs On Fell Wargs, though that could be implied as both Hunter Orcs & Fell Wargs are.

So, are Azog & Bolg still part of Azog's Hunters?
If so, the pictorial lists are not definitive, so is there an 'official' list of every model in each army, as it appears there was in Heroes & Warriors?

I'm about to order 'Armies Of The Hobbit' ('cos I have to) and Hunter Orcs & Fell Wargs ('cos I can), but need to decide on heroes. Thinking of Narzug (12 troops) and Azog (18 troops). Any thoughts or advice?
 Post subject: Re: Azog's Hunters and Legion army lists
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:41 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but -
Went to place an order including Narzug, and he seems to have disappeared.
GW UK, Narzug not found, no hits from search, my shortcut failed. Phoned, GW helpdesk, they were short with me, offered no information or opinion, in fact gave a reply with absolutely zero information.
GW Au website - all records expunged, Narzug may never have existed.
Element Games & others - out of stock.
A number of other models & kits I was interested in seem to have also disappeared from GW webstore.

Given the big re-launch of Middle Earth, does anyone know what's going on?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:37 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

As far as we know, there seem to be difficulties for the company with having too many different products (barcodes etc.) in their catalogue at any time, for various stock-management reasons.

So they've said they want to make lots of the old stuff available again, while bringing out new models (new Three Hunters etc.) at the same time. But it seems like they have to use various tactics for this, like re-packaging two single models together so they share one barcode, or having some models just available as Warhammer World Exclusives. They've also just taken a load of models out of circulation and put others into circulation ... though some of this seems a bit confusing. For example, just when Angbor the fearless (leader of the Clansmen of Lamedon) comes in, the actual Clansmen go out.

It's not very clear yet if things will come back soon in new double packs, or whether the available stock might change from year to year (different waves available from year to year?). Some models will be available in limited made-to-order periods:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ls-return/

Lots of stuff on ebay at various prices ... hard to decide whether to look there when something might come back in a few months, or several years!

Personally, I'd like fellowship Aragorn on horse, or the Warg Attack box as a whole (though the original box didn't have Sharku on foot, and would need that too!)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:02 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Dusty Rider wrote:
Personally I find the way the rule rule book is structured to be difficult and hard to locate all the info for a problem. I did get the chance to talk to Jay about this, but a re-write to my specifications may be a while :-)
So, if I'm missing the obvious, please bear with me.

In Heroes & Warriors Of Middle Earth, Azog & Bolg appear in the army lists for both Azog's Hunters & Azog's Legion.
In the new rules manual pictorial army lists they don't appear in Azog's Hunters. Neither do Hunter Orcs On Fell Wargs, though that could be implied as both Hunter Orcs & Fell Wargs are.

If so, the pictorial lists are not definitive, so is there an 'official' list of every model in each army, as it appears there was in Heroes & Warriors?

I'm about to order 'Armies Of The Hobbit' ('cos I have to) and Hunter Orcs & Fell Wargs ('cos I can), but need to decide on heroes. Thinking of Narzug (12 troops) and Azog (18 troops). Any thoughts or advice?

Hahaha just because the unit doesn't get a page to itself doesn't mean they aren't there! On the first page of the list it specifies that Azog and Bolg may be taken as part of the list. As for hunter orcs on wargs, Fell wargs are available as an upgrade under the hunter orc troop section.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:28 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The Armies of the Hobbit book has the Azog's Hunters army list in it. There is a list of all the models included in the list on the first page and then profiles for the model too. The hunter orcs on wargs are not their own unit. Rather the hunter orcs may purchase a warg as an upgrade. I suspect that is the reason the pictures are not present in the main books gallery.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:29 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Dusty Rider wrote:

Azog and Bolg are still a part of both lists.