All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

Post subject: Question about building army lists
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:25 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hello everyone!

Sorry in advance for the long post, haha.

I've taken a very long break from playing the LOTR/Hobbit SBG, but have caught the gaming bug again and I'm trying to get my armies built back up and painted after many many years of sitting in storage.

One question I had was regarding which models can be included in certain army lists. I've been doing quiet a bit of research online (through GBHL and DCHL videos) so I understand that you can build your army using the different source books, but my confusion sets in regarding "allies."

I've noticed that certain tournament army lists include models that would not normally be included together within the source books. For example, a Durin's Folk lists including Radagast on Sleigh.

Is there a consensus on which models can or can't be included as allies within a force? Is this done on a tournament-by-tournament basis?

One of the main reasons I ask is because I have a few different Gandalf models, but notice that he is really only included in The Fellowship and White Council source book armies. I would very much like to include him in other "good" armies for magic support, but am also wanting to make sure I wouldn't be "cheating" against my opponent (I'm somewhat of a by-the-book player and like to build my lists around what is usually seen in structured play).

Thanks for your assistance!
 Post subject: Re: Question about building army lists
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:57 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

In the past only certain armies could ally with each other.

Now though all good armies can ally together as can all evil armies.

Each allied force must include a Hero to lead it and must follow the bow limit rules.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:55 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks for the quick reply!

Just to make sure I understand you 100% - The allied force must also include an allied hero from the same force to lead the detachment?

Is there a limit of only one detachment or could the allied force have multiple war bands in your army?

Thanks again!
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:25 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Yes you can take any good or evil armies allied together you like. So you could have 1 warband from an allied force, you could half half your points from 1 army and half from another. You could also take 1 warband from lots of different armies if you really wanted.

Each allied force needs to be made of warbands and follow the limits for bows. As long as you follow those 2 rules your army can be made up of whatever you want.