All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:51 pm

Post subject: Bladed Bows
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:12 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

So I read about Orc bows and stuff being bladed, so they could be used in combat. Which would normally mean that other Archers should then be unable to fight in melee. But the rules also state that unless explicitly said, no unit is unarmed. And there isn't an independent archer unit to say. Additionally, some of the ranged units, like Bowmen of Minas Tirith, are armed with daggers and short swords I believe. But that would make bladed bows irrelevant...

Solutions/answers?

Post subject: Re: Bladed Bows
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:33 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Bladed bows are an artefact of the old rulebooks I believe. They didn't want them to be unarmed, and as they have blades on the bows in the movies, they gave them that instead of weapons.

They really should just clean up the profiles to state everything has what weapon, to clarify for special strikes too. So bladed bows just mean its a hand weapon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:40 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

In the old old rules, we're talking Return of the King era, archers were otherwise unarmed for combat. Bladed bows gave an exception.
This stopped being an issue when the One Rulebook came out 10ish years ago, but I guess you can still find traces of it here and there
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:44 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

mr. dude wrote:
In the old old rules, we're talking Return of the King era, archers were otherwise unarmed for combat. Bladed bows gave an exception.
This stopped being an issue when the One Rulebook came out 10ish years ago, but I guess you can still find traces of it here and there

Ah. I see. The first rulebook I got was the Return of the King, followed by Hobbit, so that's why I got confused