All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:00 pm

Post subject: Ebob Miniatures
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:34 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have just been dazzled and amazed after stumbling onto E bob miniatures website. I have just placed a small order as I want to see the quality of the models before placing a large order. I was wondering if anybody else has used these guys and how long orders take to arrive. I can;t believe how competitive the prices are. I will definately be ordering again particularly horses from them in future as they look amazing and are much cheaper than GW. I ordered the Townsfolk as they have an uncanny resemblance to certain favorites of mine :) Do I receive all 3 or do I need to message with the 1 I want?
 Post subject: Re: Ebob Miniatures
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:36 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

ebob is a user of the forums - he doesn't frequent very much anymore but yes, we encouraged him to make certain characters ;) You might notice the mongol range also has certain resemblances/theme. I believe you receive all 3 townsfolk, you can contact them to double check if you like.

People don't often report when something good happens, but their service was excellent when I bought off them a few years ago. Last I heard someone was waiting a little longer on something than expected, but they never said anymore so I presume it was all sorted out quickly enough, so I will still recommend them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:40 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I ordered the townsfolk and the (not) Bill the Pony. The guy that makes them got in touch with me to let me know it would take about four weeks and that I could have a refund if I wanted.

It's been just over four weeks since then so I assume they'll turn up any day now and I'm not worried as reports around the Internet are good but you may be in for a wait!

You could always message him to see if there is still a delay on those items...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:48 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've ordered a few hundred doallars from Bob on a couple of occasions and everything was smooth as silk. He is a great guy to deal with.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:56 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

He is great to buy from. I've ordered a couple of times from him, and only the first time I had a slight problem. He was out of stock, and a delay in shipping. He didn't get back to me until a few days later after I placed the order and told me the items were out of stock.

Other than that, exceptional service. Very good miniatures and highly recommended.

It sort of then became a Hobbit
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:04 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

No problems with this one, He is also an excellent source for conversion material.
I remember that someone used the alternative knight heads to make armoured mirkwood warriors, I think they can fit quiete well, but can not find a pic anymore.

can someone ?

Also the weapon pack can be quiete usefull.

prov. 27:17
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:43 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I ordered some spiders and a william longshanks. Had to wait a bit, but they are amazing sculpts. So I ordered some normans who were out of stock and am now waiting for those! Great doing business with him.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:26 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I ordered the pony and 3 spiders at the end of january.
Still haven't got them.
I messaged him and he apologized for the wait and offered me a cashback.
But I refused cause he promised I would get them eventually.
So still waiting...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks for the help guys, it sounds like the sculpts are worth the wait. I really can't wait to receive my order.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:12 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have had an email from Ebob stating that Townsfolk are out of stock so order will be delayed.

Last edited by cooper101183 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:24 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Ebob operates on a modest scale so he can only get stuff cast in batches - that is probably the source of the delay. I have a load of his stuff - all sculpted in anatomically correct proportions rather than 'heroic'.

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

the_shovel wrote:
I ordered some spiders and a william longshanks. Had to wait a bit, but they are amazing sculpts. So I ordered some normans who were out of stock and am now waiting for those! Great doing business with him.

I was thinking of ordering 18 Normans and having them as Rohan. I would end up with 18 Metal sculpts for the price of 12 plastic GW minis. Hopefully I will be ordering a lot in future. I really wish I knew how to cast minis.
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:30 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have found the Perry Brothers website and have to say after ordering their Armoured crusader crossbowmen I was impressed both with the quality and price and have ordered much more since.

Last edited by cooper101183 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:55 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

You need to be patient - it can take weeks to get stuff re-cast, even GW takes this long and ebob is only tiny compared to them. You have to allow time for production & delivery as well. I would imagine that he gets quite a lot of lump orders and less orders of just a few things, which makes it harder to keep things in stock physically and financially.

The perry brothers are on a different business scale to ebob as well, great stuff, but again he has said it was out of stock. Whoever has stuff in stock is going to have good looking service, it can't be helped.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:18 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Bob is one of the most kindly man in the world I know! As lots of people said before he only runs a small business and his web shop is just a part of it. He is mainly a comission sculptor for big companys like Warlord Ganes, Empress, Forgotten&Glorius and much more. Apart from this I think that he has multiple sets in one mould so he always needs to pay the whole spinning costs for one special set. That means that it isn't economic for him to have every set multiple times in stock. Shipping takes some time, especially to Germany but the sculpts are exeptional, the proportions probably the best in Tabletop and you mustn't forget that it is a one-man businnes!
But to come back to my first sentence he is really a very nice guy. The first time I ordered some miniatures at hin I got several bits and miniatures for free and since then we have very good email contact. I must have already asked him dozens of questions and have ever got answers.

All in all: I can highly recommend eBob miniatures and the sculpts are really worth a wait! 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:02 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I've always found him spot on, great bloke, great sculpts and value for money.
I've ordered from him lately and had a delay. I E-Mailed and he got straight back to me, after a few discussions he fixed a damaged sculpt and sent me it. The mild was damaged, hence the repair. Needless to say his greenstuff work was excellent and the sculpt is perfect. He mailed it out the night we were e-mailing and I got it the next morning.
Can't fault him.

mallysminiatures.blogspot.co.uk
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:47 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have no problem waiting especially for the fantasy items I ordered, You get what you pay for and the quality of the Ebob sculpts look fantastic. I suppose I was just dismayed at having not received anything from order.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:13 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I just wanted to update this as I feel others should be made aware of a few things when ordering (from any stockist),the consensus when I asked for advice prior to ordering was Ebob is a small scale operator who takes time but delivers quality sculpts. I took the advice (regretfully) of people who said they ordered without any problems and said to be patient,I ordered and waited and waited some more however I discovered that waiting causes problems, I want to make people aware that Paypal will only act on your behalf on non receipt of goods for the first 44 days meaning people who wait (like me) more than this have virtually no recourse to claim there money back. I placed my order in April, it is now 2nd August and I have still not received ANY of the items I ordered. I did receive a reply stating they had just received metal and could only fulfill part of my order anyway that was around 6 weeks ago and I still haven't received anything.

I am aware many people say they've had a great experience with Ebob but small operator or not I believe 3/4 months is far too long to wait. Based On my experience My advice is that before you order from Ebob check with them whether the items are in stock or what the wait will be but do not let it go beyond paypals limit otherwise all you can do is hope that they are someday dispatched. By contrast during the same time frame I am onto my 9th order with Perry Brothers who I cant praise highly enough.

I know one of you commented saying Ebob is a real 'nice guy' and I'm sure he is and I do not want to detract from someones reputation or cast aspersions however as a consumer I believe I have a legitimate grievance which I want to highlight to potential consumers so they can make an informed decision before ordering.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:37 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Still no orders and no responses to email - BUYERS BWARE
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:18 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

My ending of the story:
I ordered in january, and after a few weeks he told me there would be some delay.
Afterwards I had a bit of conversation sometimes, but very slow.
In july he told me it was sent, but it never arrived.
I waited for another month and a half, and still nothing happened.
He told me that the only option left was a refund, so I asked a refund.
I got the refund a few weeks after that.

So it is stupid that the waiting times are so long, and there obviously is a problem in the custommer service. But the guy is fair and at the end you won't be cheated. It only takes a looooong time