All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:09 am

Post subject: Skullz! And plants too.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:27 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

GW has released a new series of basing kits this weekend. There are 2 plant themed ones and one with lots and lots of skulls. While those in the LotR community aren't ones to stick SKULLZ! all over our models and terrain, I'm actually excited for this release and do plan to buy a box. I think they could certainly add to some of my basing and terrain ambitions.

I have wanted to paint my Shelob for a while now and do want to put skulls on her base, I think the white of skulls would add a nice visual interest to what will be a slate base. I looked at the skull bases from Micro Art, but they are just too fantasy for my liking. At long last, I can make the base I envisioned. They will also look great in Dol Guldur and Goblin Town. Even some of the monster skulls might work there.

My only gripe is there are no horse/cattle skulls and no bones, especially femurs. I guess I'll buy a few of those cheap skeleton snap together kits and chop up a few old WH skeleton horses as needed.

What do you think? Gonna buy some?

SKULLZ!!!!!

(Sorry, my inner teenager made me do it.)

Post subject: Re: Skullz! And plants too.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:45 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Did you buy the vines also? This article might help: https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... for-workin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:33 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Nah. That's what plastic fish tank plants are for. And they're a lot cheaper to mess up your first airbrushing project on.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:01 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I was really interested in the vines, especially to go around ruins - but I worry that they might be a bit large, scalewise compared with "non-heroic" LOTR minis.

Interestingly you use super glue, not plastic cement on them, which suggests that they are not polystyrene but a diffierent kind of plastic.